Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended] Power tread stacking

Basic Member

[Intended] Power tread stacking

In dota2 we can buy multiple powertread, and they totally stack.
    In dota, we can only buy one, and if we try to put a 2nd power tread in the inventory, it is just dropping one of the power tread on the ground.

-In dota2 imo we might consider mutting every powertread after the first one, since it's more convienient to sell the extra powertread-

Basic Member
    Could be intended change, but yeah confirmed in dota1 you can't have more than one power treads.

Basic Member
    Imo the fact that they stack isn't intended, otherwise, they could easily change it in dota aswell

Maybe it couldn't work in DotA for mechanical reasons that can't be worked around, in the WC3 engien. Stacking Power Treads isn't particularly cost-effective or gamebreaking.

To me, it looks like one of these limitaions IceFrog was able to lift in Dota 2. (i.e. Quelling Blade on Kunkka)

Basic Member
    Not sure, but I think it has been change for balance reason, back to the day of 35 as and +13 or +15 agi (+8 streng and +10 int if i well remember), and still, an instant +24 streng cause of power tread isn't bad.
    Nowaday it's not extremly strong, but we can abuse of the switch with a lot of tread
    Last edited by miambox; 07-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I don't know how it was back then, but now the Movement Speed and the Attack Speed bonuses do not stack.
    You get the bonus MS and AS only from one of the both Treads you have.
    But the attribute bonuses do stack. You can make any combination of attributes with 2 PTs. (like +8 Agility and Strenght, or +16 Agility)

So if it was fully stacking back then, maybe it was fixed like this and the rest is intentional.
    But still, without an official word, I'd suggest keeping this as a [Bug].
    Last edited by ThoAppelsin; 11-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.

There's a certain reason why you can't have 2 power treads in your inventory in DotA1. It is bugged.

Basically, Power Treads works with 3 items. One is power treads str, one is agi and the 3rd is int. Now when you use the active skill of Power Treads str, then that item gets removed from your inventory and Power Treads agi gets put into your inventory. when you use agi's active, then agi boots get removed and int boots added.
    That's how it's coded in DotA1.

The problem is that all boots of that kind get removed from your inventory. When you have 2 Power Treads str in your inventory and use one of them, then both boots get removed and one agi boot gets added. To prevent that from happening, Icefrog just coded it so that you can't have 2 power treads in your inventory.

Since this bug is not present in Dota2, there's no reason for this limitation.
    Please, just call me buny.

That bug does not exist in Warcraft 3. I've coded years in it and you have full control over every inventory slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    That bug does not exist in Warcraft 3. I've coded years in it and you have full control over every inventory slot.
    Yes, I know that. It's not a bug in WC3, it's a bug Icefrog coded as he made Powertreads and instead of fixing it, he just made it so that that bug won't ever happen in a normal game.
    Please, just call me buny.