Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New AFK System - firing in in-game situations

Basic Member

New AFK System - firing in in-game situations

So, I did a game with a pudge jungle.... he went to the hard camp and waited to stack creeps. 4 minutes later, he disconnected and so did I because I really thought he was afk (he was still level 1and not moving)

But later, i found that a bit odd and decided to watch the replay.....and Pudge wasn't at all afk. He stacked 4 times and did the camp with smoke right after we dc.

match replay: 25820889

Something is wrong with the new afk detection system.

New AFK System - firing in in-game situations

last night while in the middle of a teamfight, i was ancient apparition, it said i left the game and now everyone else was free to leave?
    i was seriously right in the middle of our fight and had not afk'd during that game?
    i understand 1 match doesnt warrant low priority but there have been 4 other games in which my ISP crapped itself (taking out my phones television and internet connection) which i understand those times were not the fault of anyone but myself or my ISP., but the ancient apparition game is the one which started my low priority que.
    not crying about it just stating my issues, i diserve low priority for the other games my internet crashed on just stating a problem others might have had yesterday.
    thanks

Basic Member

New AFK System - HUGE FLAW

How it works now (presumption after seeing people getting abandons for no good reason): you are considered AFK if you haven't gained (any, or a certain amount) of experience in 5 minutes.

This actually has a huge flaw. Commonly in high level pubs, the off-lane solo will be shut down completely and get no exp for long periods of time. Your AFK detection system is adding insult to injury by then giving these players an abandon for no apparent reason. Please think of a better method that won't punish legitimate players, thank you.

Basic Member
    ye, experience gain is not a good method for afk detection in high level games.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I have seen a lvl 1 pudge after min 7. He did terrible and our opponents knew he'd jungle. If I remember correctly he still kinda recovered, after all if you are low level you gain levels really quickly once you attend a teamfight. With the new system he'd be marked as afk? That's really bad.

Basic Member
    This no-experience check was suggested a little while ago... but it was coupled with the option to kick the player. Without it, there would be a lot of false-positives for abandons. They shouldn't implement it until they have the feature to kick AFK players implemented.

Basic Member
    This is really really bad. They should think of something else, this won't do.

Basic Member
    I remember a game where my team and I got farmed for a little over 10 mins in fountain (meaning, my team was losing badly, the enemy team camped our fountain instead of pushing, we got killed over and over). This will net me an abandon now I guess.
    Also, people who afk at fountain would usually move around. Knowing this check, they'll just go and kill a creep once in a while and go back to fountain.

Yeah if I'm midding I tend to harass the opposing mid so they frequently have to leave. You could easily force the opponent to abandon simply by harassing them enough. You'd be forcing them to either take and abandon or feed, neither of which is a good idea.

Basic Member
    I'm pretty sure you only get an abandon if you've been afk for 5 consecutive minutes; it isn't the total time you weren't gaining experience added up. Everyone should get at least a slither of experience in a 5 minute period.