Thread: Is this honestly supposed to happen?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is this honestly supposed to happen?

I just faced a full FIVE (5) person premade when my team had two groups of two people and me who queued solo.

How is this even pretending to be balanced? The other team already has a HUGE advantage before hero picks even begin.
    Because I was the only one on the team who wasn't in queue with someone else it makes it literally impossible to get
    anyone in the two little groups to cooperate. Two carries were pick first on my team, I pick a support then I ask no one
    else to pick carries because we already have two. So after I say this the other little group of two BOTH pick carries, one being AM.

One group on my team speaks Portuguese, the other speaks Russian, and I speak English.
    Hmm that's strange I could have sworn I queued on United States servers...
    Oh that's right I did BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES AND I SPEAK ENGLISH.

So now I'm on a team with 4 carries + me, three different languages, and 3 different people trying to be in charge.
    Meanwhile our opponents all queued together, are all friends on Steam, and are most likely all sitting in a Skype call or even lanning.
    They are going to have the best possible coordination they can with their skill level.

The match making system didn't put a full 5 person premade against another 5 person premade, it didn't put it against a 4 + 1 premade, or even a 3 + 2 premade,
    but a 2 + 2 + 1 premade ALL from different countries. And if all that wasn't enough I guess it just bypassed any skill or stat check for those people as well
    because I get put with obviously completely fucking new people who pick 2 carries after the first 2 people instantly first picked 2 other carries.
    We were already at such a disadvantage that the communication problem made it literally impossible to win or act as a team at ALL.
    Last edited by fallingawake; 07-13-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Banned
    consider urself lucky
    usually its 5 random against 5 stack

Quote Originally Posted by wolleesel View Post
    consider urself lucky
    A den mother would've done worse.

But yeah, you should really spam the sticky where no one will read your complaint instead of creating a complaint thread... which no one will read.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by wolleesel View Post
    consider urself lucky
    usually its 5 random against 5 stack
    That would actually be better than my situation because you don't have little friends running around thinking they can 2v5 just because they are playing together.
    On a full random team they would have a little more incentive to work with the ENTIRE team because they aren't playing with anyone, just my thoughts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingawake View Post
    That would actually be better than my situation because you don't have little friends running around thinking they can 2v5 just because they are playing together.
    On a full random team they would have a little more incentive to work with the ENTIRE team because they aren't playing with anyone, just my thoughts.
    sounds nice in theory
    the 2 games i didnt insta leave my mates kept dieing alone all over the map goin in 1 by 1 which sucked just as much

Read stickies before posting (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=29937 and http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=32119) and try to behave in a more civil manner.