Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stupid reports

Quote Originally Posted by Yosharian View Post
    How should it affect ANYTHING AT ALL if he tells them he reported them? Why in the name of blue fuck should they be able to successfully report HIM for doing nothing more than reporting THEM?

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT
    Looking at how you write you posts here(and it's supposed to be a dev forum for 'intelligent' feedback) I can see how you got your reports in game :/
    If you can't communicate without rage and people you play with don't like it, of course they will report you.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    Looking at how you write you posts here(and it's supposed to be a dev forum for 'intelligent' feedback) I can see how you got your reports in game :/
    If you can't communicate without rage and people you play with don't like it, of course they will report you.
    What is this, a contest to see how intelligent we can appear? Please. If I appear a little frustrated, perhaps it's because I am frustrated with this game currently?

By the way, I have been reported many times for reasons which are nothing to do with raging. For example: I went tinker assuming I was on a solo hard lane, turned out I was paired with a carry (which, by the way, is not my damn fault - I can't see the minimap and assumed that our syllabear was jungling). My team reported me for my pick. Result: LP instantly upon game finishing.

Another example: I went hard lane, had to solo because of course, I had a prophet in my game who insisted on farming forest for 30 minutes. What makes it even funnier is he randomed a witch doctor and then repicked into prophet. And of course, he didnt buy a courier so the team had no courier. Anyway, of course I got absolutely owned by this tag team top. After a hard early game, I actually was able to spend some time with my team and ended up winning the game, with my hero being instrumental in winning quite a few 5-man clashes. They still reported me for losing the hard lane. Result: LP instantly upon game finishing.

Another example: Went DK hard lane, (no other lane available) last pick went... you guessed it, prophet, so I ended up soloing. Of course I got stomped. They reported me for feeding, result: LP instantly upon finishing game.

If you think a person should be automatically put in LP for dying a few times in a very tough situation, then you forfeit your right to discuss anything to do with this topic.

Hopefully that's 'intelligent' enough for you. Pfft.

Basic Member
    How should it affect ANYTHING AT ALL if he tells them he reported them? Why in the name of blue fuck should they be able to successfully report HIM for doing nothing more than reporting THEM?

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT
    I am not saying that its good as it is.
    But since it is that way the only thing you can do is NOT to tell them that you reportet them.

Also i cant think of any way to avoid that problem.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwelch View Post
    I am not saying that its good as it is.
    But since it is that way the only thing you can do is NOT to tell them that you reportet them.

Also i cant think of any way to avoid that problem.
    Well I think it's ridiculous that he should fear telling them.

What is this, a contest to see how intelligent we can appear? Please. If I appear a little frustrated, perhaps it's because I am frustrated with this game currently?

By the way, I have been reported many times for reasons which are nothing to do with raging. For example: I went tinker assuming I was on a solo hard lane, turned out I was paired with a carry (which, by the way, is not my damn fault - I can't see the minimap and assumed that our syllabear was jungling). My team reported me for my pick. Result: LP instantly upon game finishing.

Another example: I went hard lane, had to solo because of course, I had a prophet in my game who insisted on farming forest for 30 minutes. What makes it even funnier is he randomed a witch doctor and then repicked into prophet. And of course, he didnt buy a courier so the team had no courier. Anyway, of course I got absolutely owned by this tag team top. After a hard early game, I actually was able to spend some time with my team and ended up winning the game, with my hero being instrumental in winning quite a few 5-man clashes. They still reported me for losing the hard lane. Result: LP instantly upon game finishing.

Another example: Went DK hard lane, (no other lane available) last pick went... you guessed it, prophet, so I ended up soloing. Of course I got stomped. They reported me for feeding, result: LP instantly upon finishing game.

If you think a person should be automatically put in LP for dying a few times in a very tough situation, then you forfeit your right to discuss anything to do with this topic.

Hopefully that's 'intelligent' enough for you. Pfft.
    Well, if a carry is trying to dual line with a tinker, either you play in a 'low' m-m pool(because normally people don't do that) or he was the first one to ask for mid line and you just ignored him. Since your team reported you, it seemed like you were wrong in their eyes, and since we have no match id it's the only evidence we have (even if we had - can't see the teamchat).

Second example - being reported even thought you won - that's a very rare case scenario :/ Again, maybe you really pissed them off by whining, else they shouldn't have a reson to be so mad at you.
    Third - well, pretty much same. Normally people can see things with their eyes, and if they forced you on such a bad line they shouldn't really blame you.

So, it really looks like you did something else that made people report you, like flaming or complaining(too much), because naturally people shouldn't report you for things that you did.
    Last edited by Hadgehog; 07-14-2012 at 03:56 AM.

maybe try being friendly? or if they're being immature then just mute them and don't reply?

As always when such threads occur, OP's ban is justyfied. Just hope that no dev sees the thread and explains why you're in low prio (and therefore humiliates you).

edit: OP hasn't responded once in this thread. Stop fighting and let it die ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    Well, if a carry is trying to dual line with a tinker, either you play in a 'low' m-m pool(because normally people don't do that) or he was the first one to ask for mid line and you just ignored him. Since your team reported you, it seemed like you were wrong in their eyes, since we have no match id it's the only evidence we have.

Second example - being reported even tohught you won - that's a very rare case scenario :/ Again, maybe you really pissed them off by whining, else they shouldn't have a reson to be so mad at you.
    Third - well, pretty much same. Normally people can see things with their eyes, and if they forced you on such a bad line they shouldn't really blame you.

So, it really looks like you did something else that makes people report you, like flaming or complaining(too much), because naturally people shouldn't report you for things that you did.
    I love how you're actually trying to defend these situations like it's even remotely reasonable for me to be reported for them.

Under NO circumstances should a person be reported for picking a hero that their team does not like. NO CIRCUMSTANCES. PERIOD.

Furthermore, 'whining' should not be a reportable offence. There is a mute button which you can use to tune out comments you don't like. Any rational human being would just mute and move on - that's what I do. The only chat that should result in reporting should be straight out insults, racism or whatever. By the way, in many of those games *I* was the one subject to abuse from my teammates. But yeah, it's totally fair that I should be the one put in LP.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
    As always when such threads occur, OP's ban is justyfied. Just hope that no dev sees the thread and explains why you're in low prio (and therefore humiliates you).

edit: OP hasn't responded once in this thread. Stop fighting and let it die ...
    That's exactly what I want, at least then I'd know for sure what I'm being successfully reported for.

Also you don't know at all if his ban was justified - that's just an assumption you're making.
    Last edited by Yosharian; 07-14-2012 at 04:01 AM.

They do check reports. Like Roslin said, if you are beeing punished you deserved it. Ive been told that someone reported me countless times, but i rarely flame, if at all and Ive never been to low prio due to reports.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    They do check reports. Like Roslin said, if you are beeing punished you deserved it. Ive been told that someone reported me countless times, but i rarely flame, if at all and Ive never been to low prio due to reports.
    That's nice for you. Lots of people are having a different experience. Also, you don't know for sure that they are checking reports at all. It doesn't seem to me like they are, and there are others having a similar experience.