Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stupid reports

then give us the match id so we can see what really happend between you and that lanaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosharian View Post
    I love how you're actually trying to defend these situations like it's even remotely reasonable for me to be reported for them.

Under NO circumstances should a person be reported for picking a hero that their team does not like. NO CIRCUMSTANCES. PERIOD.

Furthermore, 'whining' should not be a reportable offence. There is a mute button which you can use to tune out comments you don't like. Any rational human being would just mute and move on - that's what I do. The only chat that should result in reporting should be straight out insults, racism or whatever. By the way, in many of those games *I* was the one subject to abuse from my teammates. But yeah, it's totally fair that I should be the one put in LP.
    Well, those guys are not here, so we can't hear 'their version' of the story. So it's natural to try to find a reason for their behaviour. It's very easy to assume that they are just complete morons and do things that make no sense at all, but that's just cheap.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    Well, those guys are not here, so we can't hear 'their version' of the story. So it's natural to try to find a reason for their behaviour. It's very easy to assume that they are just complete morons and do things that make no sense at all, but that's just cheap.
    Their version of the story is, they had a guy who died a lot so they reported him and called him bad etc. And their reports resulted in me being put in LP. And according to Valve, this is Working As Intended.

Basic Member
    That's exactly what I want, at least then I'd know for sure what I'm being successfully reported for.

Also you don't know at all if his ban was justified - that's just an assumption you're making.
    You wouldn't be the first person that has had EricTams say your ban was justified. He'll probably see this topic and respond like he always does; Something like, "It's your mouth that's getting you into trouble."

Feel free to PM him about it, he'll go out of his way to see if it was justified. Just don't make or whine about it in threads like these. >_>

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    You wouldn't be the first person that has had EricTams say your ban was justified. He'll probably see this topic and respond like he always does; Something like, "It's your mouth that's getting you into trouble."

Feel free to PM him about it, he'll go out of his way to see if it was justified. Just don't make or whine about it in threads like these. >_>
    Messaging EricTams does not solve a broken report system. It shouldn't be necessary to message a game developer to find out a) why I was reported and b) to stop unfair reports.

Basic Member
    Messaging EricTams does not solve a broken report system. It shouldn't be necessary to message a game developer to find out a) why I was reported and b) to stop unfair reports.
    I don't believe I said you were messaging him to stop unfair reports. I do believe I said you could message him to find out that you were reported for a lot more then false reports. I also believe that it is possible to play in a manner that does not get your reported because most of the community manages to do it.

If you honestly believe that you are being falsely accused often enough to be put in low priority, then, I see no problem with having to message a developer. Their system seems to be working as intended. This is isn't the first thread to complain about this but it could be the first to show that, somehow, you managed to be reported enough times with no reason to be in low priority. It takes a few more reports then the people on your team in one game to cause it. Also, the report function is often delayed so there is a high chance those people that claimed to report you had nothing to do with being in low priority.

There is no need to be raging/whining all over this thread. The evidence is against you and most people who frequent this board know it. So, why wouldn't you just message the developer? Do you think this thread will make people pity you? Or maybe, you are hoping to get enough people to agree with you so you can have some sense of accomplishment. Sadly, this thread is pretty useless. You could have at least gotten proof that the system was completely flawed before wasting peoples' time by posting in this thread.

I'll admit there are problems with the system as it is now; there are problems with most games' reporting features. Just make a better case about it instead of what you have done so far.

I think that if you get into low prio for reports you actualy deserve it. I mean, I sometimes get mad and flame, I admit it BUT I was never in low prio for it, which means it isn't THAT bad. Just mute them, if you can't stay calm.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    I don't believe I said you were messaging him to stop unfair reports. I do believe I said you could message him to find out that you were reported for a lot more then false reports. I also believe that it is possible to play in a manner that does not get your reported because most of the community manages to do it.

If you honestly believe that you are being falsely accused often enough to be put in low priority, then, I see no problem with having to message a developer. Their system seems to be working as intended. This is isn't the first thread to complain about this but it could be the first to show that, somehow, you managed to be reported enough times with no reason to be in low priority. It takes a few more reports then the people on your team in one game to cause it. Also, the report function is often delayed so there is a high chance those people that claimed to report you had nothing to do with being in low priority.

There is no need to be raging/whining all over this thread. The evidence is against you and most people who frequent this board know it. So, why wouldn't you just message the developer? Do you think this thread will make people pity you? Or maybe, you are hoping to get enough people to agree with you so you can have some sense of accomplishment. Sadly, this thread is pretty useless. You could have at least gotten proof that the system was completely flawed before wasting peoples' time by posting in this thread.

I'll admit there are problems with the system as it is now; there are problems with most games' reporting features. Just make a better case about it instead of what you have done so far.
    Evidence! There is no bloody evidence, that's entirely the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    I think that if you get into low prio for reports you actualy deserve it. I mean, I sometimes get mad and flame, I admit it BUT I was never in low prio for it, which means it isn't THAT bad.
    That is so illogical I'm tempted to think you're being sarcastic...

Basic Member
    please make sure you dont have any abandons, that lead to your lpq?
    also provide a matchid of a match, in which you are certain, that you showed no bad behaviour and still got into lpq because of it.
    but be aware, that so far all reports, that were checked have been justified.

if you dont provide those information, your thread is nothing but a place to rant and offend each other.

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage