Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Items on Summer Stash - Will be obtainable after Summer Sale?

Items on Summer Stash - Will be obtainable after Summer Sale?

As the title states, will there be any ways to obtain these items in the near future?

Basic Member
    Items that're in the Summer Stash are available already now. The ones in the Summer Stash are the items that were added this very patch except for the announcers.
    The only exception to this is the Tiny Glacial Skin item I believe, as I don't think this one was intended to be in the chest, they had to hotfix the item to actually be equippable at all.
    I'd imagine we'll be seeing that item added to the store next proper update.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    Items that're in the Summer Stash are available already now. The ones in the Summer Stash are the items that were added this very patch except for the announcers.
    The only exception to this is the Tiny Glacial Skin item I believe, as I don't think this one was intended to be in the chest, they had to hotfix the item to actually be equippable at all.
    I'd imagine we'll be seeing that item added to the store next proper update.
    This is the wrongest statement ever in the history of wrong statements. Every item I have unboxed from the Summer Chests is not available to buy from the store.
    Last edited by Proskub; 07-14-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskub View Post
    This is the wrongest statement ever in the history of wrong statements. Every item I have unboxed from the Summer Chests is not available to buy from the store.
    Yeah, the Summer Stash is just a collection of all the newly added shop items at a discount. The Summer Chest is entirely separate, and all items contained inside are exclusive.

Would also like to know the answer to OP's question. We'd be quite robbed if they get added to the store -and- the chest ones weren't Strange.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskub View Post
    Huh, you're right... Could've sworn the items I got could be purchased from the shop.
    Regardless, I'm pretty sure they'll be added at some point.
    The Glacial Tiny skin is hugely popular, I don't think something like that would be kept exclusive.

In TF2 such items always got added to the shop and drop cycle in a week or two after the end of 'crates being usable'.
    Since Valve don't say anything at all, no one can complain to them about anything (yeah, opening those chests may be a ripoff, but no one forces us to do that, they even say not to open them in the 'wanted' paper).

Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    In TF2 such items always got added to the shop and drop cycle in a week or two after the end of 'crates being usable'.
    Since Valve don't say anything at all, no one can complain to them about anything (yeah, opening those chests may be a ripoff, but no one forces us to do that, they even say not to open them in the 'wanted' paper).
    Actually, TF2 summer items weren't added on the Store after a few weeks or so. They remained exclusive and that's what makes them so valuable.

As a collector, I want to know if these items will stay exclusive or not. If we follow Valve's trends with TF2, then it will be truly exclusive. However, I still want some confirmation regarding this, as I don't want to spend like crazy on Keys and then have those items sometime in the future. I also don't want to spend some Keys later on should they be proven to be an exclusive item, as collectors will surely price them REALLY HIGH (as with TF2 trends).

Quote Originally Posted by Detrimindexta View Post
    Actually, TF2 summer items weren't added on the Store after a few weeks or so. They remained exclusive and that's what makes them so valuable.

As a collector, I want to know if these items will stay exclusive or not. If we follow Valve's trends with TF2, then it will be truly exclusive. However, I still want some confirmation regarding this, as I don't want to spend like crazy on Keys and then have those items sometime in the future. I also don't want to spend some Keys later on should they be proven to be an exclusive item, as collectors will surely price them REALLY HIGH (as with TF2 trends).
    I'm sure that the items from the 'winter event' were added on the other hand, because I played TF2 just a few days ago and got one of those as random drop
    Not sure what summer items you are talking about, because as I remember, most items from special crates were added in the end. Items like summer shades, that were given by achievements, weren't added and really became exclusive(but again, they never were in crates). But again, maybe I'm wrong, last summer I was on vacation and completely missed that event

But still, an official word from Valve would be really welcome, I also want to know if I should 'go for it' to get that awesome Omni hammer, or just wait till it's in shop to get it without risks.
    Last edited by Hadgehog; 07-14-2012 at 04:14 AM.

You do realize valve has 0 incentive to answer this question? Or are you the type of person who wonders why hot dog sausages are sold in 6packs and the buns in 8packs?

Quote Originally Posted by EndOfGreatness View Post
    You do realize valve has 0 incentive to answer this question? Or are you the type of person who wonders why hot dog sausages are sold in 6packs and the buns in 8packs?
    I realize that, thank you for a colourful example. I've been playing TF2 since it's release so I know what to expect from Valve and how they do business.
    Still, it would be great it they gave us an official word.