Thread: Language Restrictions by Server Location

Language Restrictions by Server Location

So I have been queuing US East since I started playing Dota 2 and occasionally US West. Now both of these servers are primarily used for US and Canadian players, with a handful of Hispanic (Central American) players. Now I speak Spanish, English and French (Quebecois) so I feel comfortable playing with anyone from pretty much any of the regions above, but when I get queued with Eastern European or Brazilian players, I cannot communicate with them. Now last I checked, Dota 2 is a TEAM GAME, and as a result being able to communicate effectively can easily be the difference between winning and losing a game. When I solo queue on US East late at night and I get 2-3 Eastern European players that I cannot communicate with, I honestly want to immediately leave the game.

This is what I propose. Attach a language to each server location and allow players to report other players who do not speak that language. I'm sure that a lot of people are suffering the same pain that I am.

Basic Member
    Hey a new language bash thread is open

AAAAAAND IT'S GONE

But i know what u mean, though i didnt happen to meet east european or brazilians on US East server and i switched to this one because of no more russians by now

But what am i talking

Been discussed before so it can be closed ur thread is pointless sry bro

The Thread That Was Closed Before It Had Began

-A touching romance novel by Urwin K. Mendell

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ur.Weak.Minded View Post
    This is what I propose. Attach a language to each server location and allow players to report other players who do not speak that language. I'm sure that a lot of people are suffering the same pain that I am.
    This is what I propose. Use the search function/read stickies before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittsies View Post
    Urwin K. Mendell
    Well played.

Basic Member
    there wont be any language or region lock in dota 2.
    read the stickies before you post.

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage