Thread: [Confirmed] Backdoor Regeneration

[Confirmed] Backdoor Regeneration

dota2://matchid=26106479&matchtime=3095

So I was spec entering enemy base with creeps and my mates regulary and after a few sec focusing the throne BDregen turned on and ruined win during that time.

Expected: No BD regen if creeps entered base and u re still in. As long as u dont leave that base, BD protect should be TURNED OFF.

RESULT: BD regen after few sec creeps died in enemy base but we didnt leave base. At least not after ~15 sec like here.

EDIT: Throne has no BD protection at all!
    Look link below in post.
    Last edited by Bashtime; 07-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    Let me explain the triggers. There are 3 functions involved.

The first one sets booleans to true / false, which are later used to determine whether or not there are units in the vicinity of the tower / rax. There are 8 booleans set initially to "false" (4 for the Sentinel, 4 for the Scourge) and 18 rectangles (yes, rectangles, not specific AoE) in which units owned by the Sentinel or by the Scourge are grouped (depending on whether the boolean is used used for regenerating a sentinel or a scourge tower / rax). If a unit is found, the boolean corresponding to the rectangle is set to "true" (a single boolean can correspond to multiple rectangles). This function runs every 5 seconds.

The second one runs whenever a tower / rax is damaged or dies (there are multiple functions here, one for each tower / rax, and the damage done to each of them is taken / stored separately into a separate global variable). If it was called because the building was damaged and if the boolean corresponding to the tower / rax is "true" or the attacker is an allied unit (aka, the tower was damaged with enemy creeps around or by an ally), then it sets a global variable (I'll name it StoredDamage): StoredDamage = StoredDamage + GetEventDamage(). Additionally, if the attacking unit was an illusion, it heals the tower / rax for 0.75*GetEventDamage() (which means that illusions do only 25% damage). If it was called because the building died, then the trigger is destroyed.

The last one, responsible for the healing runs every 1 second (this one is pretty long, as it is used for healing all the tower / raxes according to their respective booleans and StoredDamages, but as its basically the same for all of them, I'll explain it for a single one only). If one of the aforementioned booleans is "false", then it takes the tower / rax corresponding to the boolean, sets a local variable to CurrentHP (of the tower / rax) + 55 (I'll refer to this one as FutureHP). Now, if FutureHP < MaxHP (of the tower / rax) - StoredDamage, then it sets the HP of the building to FutureHP.

So, the regeneration is basically 55 HP / sec, just as linkyaw said. The explanation should cover all your scenarios. If you need the coordinates of the rectangles, I (or anyone who has access to the JASS script) can post them.
    Unless he's wrong or I misread something, the trigger doesn't care about whether the players are still around, only the creeps matter.

Also, the delay's up to 5 seconds, not 15s.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Link to that thread: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1021321

I think maybe dota 2's areas for detecting creeps might be a bit off. Could someone find the original areas?

Tested it now here is the result:

D1: Creeps killed at ~35 of clock and regen starts ~54
    D2: Creeps killed at ~45 of clock and regen starts ~00

Discrepancy of ~5 sec as you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbuN...ature=youtu.be

It's even severe!
    There is no BD protection for Throne in D1. Look!

http://youtu.be/h0x6lCNfPsM
    Last edited by Bashtime; 07-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    There is no BD protection for Throne in D1. Look!
    Look at common bugs list maybe?
    Sorry for my bad English.

Then there is still a 5 sec discrepancy.

Basic Member
    adding to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage