Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TA psi blades bugged.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    In dota 1 the width is 55
    1N/AN/AN/A55 (width)/615 (length) N/AEnemy Units60 Bonus Range, 590 Spill Range.
    2N/AN/AN/A55 (width)/655 (length) N/AEnemy Units120 Bonus Range, 630 Spill Range.
    3N/AN/AN/A55 (width)/695 (length) N/AEnemy Units180 Bonus Range, 670 Spill Range.
    4N/AN/AN/A55 (width)/735 (length)N/AEnemy Units240 Bonus Range, 710 Spill Range.

But ofc i hope dev takes a look at this.
    I believe that's outdated, and yeah I know it's from playdota, but if you look at the changelog on TA, you'll see in 6.72 it was changed to:
    - Psi Blades width increased from 70 to 80

The previous change was a non numerical change("slightly improved") in 6.50, maybe from 55 to 70 at the time.

Considering both sources are official, not sure which is right but I think higher chances playdota hasn't been updated than patch notes being wrong.

Basic Member
    This could also be the same 'issue' that people though windrunner's shackleshot had which is caused by the angle of viewing making it seem as if the angle was much wider.

Basic Member
    ^no. at least i dont think so. shackleshot has been checked for many times

Basic Member
    Yeah there was proof posted on that it is working as intended but due to players viewing angle it made it seem as if it was bugged with a bigger angle. I was just thinking this might be the same viewing angle issue.

So any new input guys ?

Basic Member
    I assume it's the same graphical effect that results from the z-axis of the camera distorting the perception of certain effects like arrow, shackleshot and hook. It's likely working okay. You have to test in top-down to be 100%.
    Last edited by Fydorian; 07-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

I wonder if we get an answer from mod or dev.

Basic Member
    Try post it in the main bugs forum maybe. I have noticed this too, Psi Blades is simply much stronger in Dota 2 because it has a larger AOE.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    I believe that's outdated, and yeah I know it's from playdota, but if you look at the changelog on TA, you'll see in 6.72 it was changed to:
    - Psi Blades width increased from 70 to 80

The previous change was a non numerical change("slightly improved") in 6.50, maybe from 55 to 70 at the time.

Considering both sources are official, not sure which is right but I think higher chances playdota hasn't been updated than patch notes being wrong.
    The Dota 2 data file states that the width is 80. I am not familiar enough with the Dota 1 data file notation to tell where the width is stated.

spill1.png

A top down image of 80 range, with the unit circle and Refraction animation for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basic Member
    How do simple number mistakes like this keep popping into Dota 2.

I've seen everything from incorrect base armor, incorrect turn speed, incorrect attack range, incorrect ms, incorrect stats, etc.
    I'm not talking about bugged mechanics that differ from the numbers, but the wrong numbers being inputted into the game in the first place.

Don't they have the Dota 1 database? What gives?