Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: TA psi blades bugged.

  1. #21
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shanghai/Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,880
    ^well, not even playdota always has "correct" data which is by far the most accurate one imo
    and i dont think we have confirmed it is a simple number mistake on this issue
    Last edited by Eric37073; 07-19-2012 at 10:55 PM.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,167
    Well if it's 80 it should be right. Remember to check in dota1 and not go on your "guts" feelings, especially if you haven't played dota1 recently. TA has been buffed every patch in the past year or so, including her psiblade width by apparently a lot(it was buffed to 80 and if the playdota info isn't update it used to be 55, which is a fair amount).

  3. #23
    Basic Member Baloroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadoff View Post
    How do simple number mistakes like this keep popping into Dota 2.

    I've seen everything from incorrect base armor, incorrect turn speed, incorrect attack range, incorrect ms, incorrect stats, etc.
    I'm not talking about bugged mechanics that differ from the numbers, but the wrong numbers being inputted into the game in the first place.

    Don't they have the Dota 1 database? What gives?
    Some of these effects are triggered (Psi Blades is one of them) which makes it slightly more tricky to look up. Add to that it changes from version to version, and simple fat-fingering, and errors in the way the game calculates numbers, and you get problems like this. Happens to every game.

  4. #24
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    78




    Shes so easy to own a lane with because of this. Really needs to be at least cut in half, this is not even close to Dota1.

  5. #25
    Basic Member Baloroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post




    Shes so easy to own a lane with because of this. Really needs to be at least cut in half, this is not even close to Dota1.
    Looks right to me. Keep in mind units only need to have their [B]hitbox[B] in the line behind the target (the rectangle is about the width of the collision circle of the target itself). So if you imagine a rectangle the size of the unit in width and 760 units long, and any target that so much as touches that rectangle gets hit, the spill in that picture looks just about right.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Chahlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    45
    ^ I feel like if that was a top down view the angles would be within the width it is supposed to be hitting. The creeps are in a very cramped space behind a single target from the looks of it.

  7. #27
    Basic Member SlyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    Looks right to me. Keep in mind units only need to have their [B]hitbox[B] in the line behind the target (the rectangle is about the width of the collision circle of the target itself). So if you imagine a rectangle the size of the unit in width and 760 units long, and any target that so much as touches that rectangle gets hit, the spill in that picture looks just about right.
    Wrong.

    "Hitboxes" (collision sizes) only apply to hard coded AoEs. Triggered AoEs don't track collisions, they track the distance between the origin point of the target and user. Psi blades triangulates distance from the origin point of targets within 80 on either side of a line of 760 length from the angle between TA and her initial target.

    What's likely is that you're not wrong about how the ability is working in Dota2 - the same thing was observed in an earlier thread with Clockwerk's power cogs. Since cogs in Dota2 appear to be knocking back from the edge of their collision to the edge of the target's collision, it has significantly larger knockback AoE than in DotA. If this is also true for Psi Blades (and all other abilities that were triggered distance checks in DotA - which I suspect is the case), this is a significant increase in AoE for abilities that had a narrow area, like Psi Blades - not to mention all skillshots, which typically have much narrower areas than 80, and were also, of course, triggered.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Baloroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    Wrong.

    "Hitboxes" (collision sizes) only apply to hard coded AoEs. Triggered AoEs don't track collisions, they track the distance between the origin point of the target and user. Psi blades triangulates distance from the origin point of targets within 80 on either side of a line of 760 length from the angle between TA and her initial target.
    Except, of course, when Icefrog designs a triggered skill to check for collision (or functionally so, anyways). Which is what he did with Psi Blades. The triggers don't technically check for collision, but the numbers are designed such that in practice it does (by adding 25* to either side of the search range). See this thread for details, specifically this image).

    *technically, most heroes are 24 in collision size, but 25 is close enough in practice.

  9. #29
    Basic Member SlyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    Except, of course, when Icefrog designs a triggered skill to check for collision (or functionally so, anyways). Which is what he did with Psi Blades. The triggers don't technically check for collision, but the numbers are designed such that in practice it does (by adding 25* to either side of the search range). See this thread for details, specifically this image).

    *technically, most heroes are 24 in collision size, but 25 is close enough in practice.
    I stand corrected in the original DotA mechanics department, but I'm sticking to my guns here and saying that Valve has made the AoE 80 + collision rather than 55 + collision.

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    140
    Using the -setxy command in the current Dota 1 test map, the unit positions are (0,0) , (100,0) , and (200,52). This was the furthest distance (width wise) at which a unit was affected by spill, if I setxy 200 53, spill would not hit.

    WC3ScrnShot_072412_164742_01.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •