Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: TA psi blades bugged.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedsalmon View Post
    I don't think that can be it. Assuming that the setxy command in the test map works correctly and consistently, the aoe from center to center is only 55.
    is it possible to test this in maps before 6.72(beforem the change from 70 to 80)? u can compare the results.

Quote Originally Posted by smokedsalmon View Post
    I don't think that can be it. Assuming that the setxy command in the test map works correctly and consistently, the aoe from center to center is only 55.
    Odd, according to this discussion, the rectangle is 105 from center to center.

Basic Member
    I see the misunderstanding now. I didn't realize that the playdota site was referring to the diameter of the spill aoe instead of the radius (like everything else). The diameter of the spill aoe in dota 2 is 160 from "center to center" (center of the left most unit that could be hit to the center of the right most unit that could be hit. Though the aoe is reffered to as 80 in the data files, because it is talking about the radius) whereas the diameter is indeed 105 in dota 1 (I had only been measuring the radii before and thought that the changelog was talking about a radius as well).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    Odd, according to this discussion, the rectangle is 105 from center to center.
    i see the problem. it is really misleading to say the width is 80(it's actually 55. if considering the collision size, it should be 105, not 80). i am not sure why icefrog used 80 in the first place. feel so sad that only a few people who digs deep into the game mechanics can figure out the exact meaning...
    at least the good news is this will be fixed finally.