Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Show HP numbers on enemy heroes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajhin View Post
    I don't see how it's for the best.
    Displaying enemy cooldowns of spells and in-game gold/exp statistic and removing denies would bump the "quality of life" as well making it cozy little game, but it lowers the player base skill.
    Maybe you should try out LOL, we don't need the second one
    this

Banned
    I think there is even a bigger unsatisfaction when the enemy gets away with only 10 HP just because you didnt know the opponents HP, think about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    Axe would be amused by this suggestion.

Accurate - maybe. Calculated - no, imo just the opposite. There is some kind of big satisfaction when you manage to kill enemies with Culling Blade/Sunstrike/Powershot without knowing the actual HP amount of the enemy. It` similar to playing tennis outdoors - what you suggest is like giving tennis players a wind power and direction indicator. In other words - lowering skill requirement.

Basic Member
    Learn to estimate. One of the crucial elements in dota.

Basic Member
    Valve needs to remove health bar segments ASAP. This has MUCH more impact than all of the other QoL changes they rejected because they might save 1 apm.

Basic Member
    I think when you play snooker/billiard you should see where the balls will go after you hit them, nice "quality of life improvement".

Can we not dumb down the game please?

Last month there was suggestion when you play Axe and enemy is below culling blade threshold, that hero will start to flash....................

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayheamk View Post
    I think there is even a bigger unsatisfaction when the enemy gets away with only 10 HP just because you didnt know the opponents HP, think about that.
    Buy an urn and start using those urn charges offensively.

Basic Member
    Also this reminds me of the thread that asked for the 25% innate magic resist to be applied to their tool tips so they know the abilities real damage on heroes. It was certainly a sad thread.

HP bars are enough

Basic Member
    The segmentation is already a huge boost. I have the feeling that adding numbers would be too much.

Basic Member
    This is a suggestion, would make it much easier to use nukes or target-hp dependant skills such as Culling Blade or Reaper's Scythe.
    Hence it affects balance and is thereby a balance discussion.
    Balance discussions go to playdota.com.

In addition to that it was suggested many times before.

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage