Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] Pugna cannot Life Drain TA when Refraction is active

Basic Member

[Intended?] Pugna cannot Life Drain TA when Refraction is active

I played Pugna and couldn't Life Drain when TA was under the effect of Refraction. I tried using Bane in a practice game against a TA and I was able to Brain Sap (Life Drain) her even with Refraction on.

I went back to warcraft 3 DotA and it works properly, Pugna is able to Life Drain a TA under the effect of Refraction.

Basic Member
    from playdota:
    HP drained depends on the actual damage dealt, so Decrepify increases it and spell reduction reduces it.

then again, in WC3 it actually deals damage, its just that TA is healed again equal to the damage

someone else said that Refraction completely blocks damage now, so this might be intended
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

Basic Member
    i ll add it to the intended fix list.

i assume, that the refraction charges are used on every life drain tick, right?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Banned
    How does it work in DotA 1 with Ember Spirit's Flame Guard ?
    I think we should take care that when Xin gets ported, he is consistent.

Basic Member
    Right, charges are used, then it starts draining life

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    from playdota:
    • HP drained depends on the actual damage dealt, so Decrepify increases it and spell reduction reduces it.
    i agree on this point. Then that means that pugna is well done and Bane should be reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by gpardini00 View Post
    i agree on this point. Then that means that pugna is well done and Bane should be reworked.
    From playdota:
    • Gives the full hp amount to Atropos, regardless of the amount of hp the target lost.

So not at all: Brain Sap is supposed to give Bane exactly 300 heal no matter if he deals 0 damage or 300 (not generally an issue, being pure damage and all, but there it is)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adw_Tavo. View Post
    TA and I was able to Brain Sap (Life Drain) her even with Refraction on.

I went back to warcraft 3 DotA and it works properly, Pugna is able to Life Drain a TA under the effect of Refraction.
    Brain sap is HP removal and bane is always healed after use, so this is working as intended and completely unrelated. This part makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about, no offense.

Life drain deals magic damage in intervals, the length of which I'm not sure. If the interval is small enough that life drain ticks for less than refraction's threshold (20ish damage iirc) it should go through normally.

Otherwise, it should tick six times and drain a refraction charge each tick, but not heal pugna during that span. Then it should effect TA normally.
    If it's not happening that way, there is a bug. If it does not have parity with DotA1, assuming you tested properly, there is a problem, either with the interaction or the tick rate.

I also want to stress, depending on the damage interval of life drain different levels will have an impact, including scepter assuming the first level is below the threshhold and any proceeding levels are above it.
    Last edited by Fydorian; 07-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Basic Member
    In wc3 DotA Refraction blocks 6 instances if the damage is greater than 5, on the other hand Pugna's Life Drain deals damage/heals him in intervals of 0.25 seconds. This means that in wc3 Lanaya should block the first 6 instances of Life Drain giving her 1.5 seconds of protection against it, the problem here is that Pugna IS getting healed even tho no damage is being dealt during that time (which contradicts the skill description)

Looks like this is a bug in wc3 DotA but it would be good if the developers can look into it.