Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain's Mode Captain

+1

+1

Too many times has the random person outside of the 4 stack blown the game for us, its really sucky that it is a 50% chance we wont get to have captain as a group of 4.

+1

Basic Member
    >Doesn't have speakers for voice chat.
    Wait,what is the problem in that?
    Speaking in the Chat is good enough i suppose.

Well moving on...
    I dissagre with you OP.We can have Trolls in queue,so if a troll team groups up with other trolls 3,a disasters can happenen.

Basic Member
    Though I understand the frustration of getting a bad captain that ruins your game, a bad captain is a bad captain whether he is in your party of 4 or he is the solo. I have had a party of 4 completely ignore my requests for heroes I like and am skilled with, picking me something THEY want. It goes both ways, to give absolute power to the parties in CM would be disastrous. I would stop playing entirely if I knew I would never get to be captain. I'm a great captain, its not fair to me that playing solo means I have to play whatever the other 4 want.

If this change is made, your queue time for CM games will triple because there won't be any solo players.

You see, here's the thing: if captain would be hardcoded to parties, solo-only players would whine. It was like this in LoL. And bear with me, in LoL captains only ban, and players pick for themselves (so premade can't actually force you to play hero you don't want/don't know how to play). In the end they changed it so every player has equal chance to get banning rights, but for parties party leader absorbs party members' chance. And guess what? People still whine because "that stupid random didn't ban Shen and Darius omg".

+1

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Basic Member
    +1

The funny thing is, just a few hours after reading this post, I found myself in captains mode with 4 friends, and the 5th random person was our captain, choose the team for us and didnt listen to what we said. it sucked.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Basic Member
    +1

The least they could do is program it such that the solo queuer only has a 1/5 chance to be captain. That still gives those solo queuers that aren't idiots a chance. I'd rather that the larger party automatically got captain, though.