Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Captain's Mode Captain

Basic Member
    I feel the ideal situation would be to maintain a 20% chance for each person in the game. I don't know how CM works in a party, but if the party leader is the only one possible to be captain, then he would inherit the other player's chances to be captain. So in a party with 4, your group would have 80% chance to be captain, and the remaining person would have 20%.

I should not be punished just because I don't have a 4 other players to play with, give everyone an equal shot at being captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopr View Post

I should not be punished just because I don't have a 4 other players to play with, give everyone an equal shot at being captain.
    dont play captain mode if u dont have 4 other players to play with. Its not fair a solo chooses for the premade other 4 people and ruins their game. I was paired with a team of 4 earlier. They had the captain. They did all the work, only thing they asked me was what i wanted to play, didnt even suggest something, then worked their strategy based on what i wanted to play (riki). It was one of the best matches i have ever played. If they had the carry, they could have won it 4v5, didnt even need me, their strategy was brilliant and they had perfect coordination. If I had picked for them, this would not have been able to happen.
    Several times when Im with 3 other friends in CM and a solo person gets captain, most of the time that person does not listen. Just picks and bans whatever he wants and ruins the game. 4 people can carry the weight of the idiot solo if its their strategy, but they cant do shit when there is no strategy.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    dont play captain mode if u dont have 4 other players to play with.
    Okay, then:

I was paired with a team of 4 earlier. They had the captain.
    Why not follow your own advice, genius?

Its not fair a solo chooses for the premade other 4 people and ruins their game.
    Why not? It's not like the 4-man party can't work with the solo captain. You assume the solo captain will ruin the game for the 4-man party. Your assumption is quite arbitrary and biased. The solo is also gambling that if he's not the captain, he will get allied with a good captain.

They did all the work, only thing they asked me was what i wanted to play, didnt even suggest something, then worked their strategy based on what i wanted to play (riki). It was one of the best matches i have ever played. If they had the carry, they could have won it 4v5, didnt even need me, their strategy was brilliant and they had perfect coordination.
    So you got carried on a CM game. Fascinating! This truly adds a lot to this discussion. Not.

If I had picked for them, this would not have been able to happen.
    And that just means you're a terrible captain, not that every solo is.

Several times when Im with 3 other friends in CM and a solo person gets captain, most of the time that person does not listen. Just picks and bans whatever he wants and ruins the game.
    Bullshit.

4 people can carry the weight of the idiot solo if its their strategy
    Bull; no one can handle a 4v5 if the match was properly balanced.

but they cant do shit when there is no strategy.
    Neither can the solo when he's forced into a strat he doesn't know.

I repeat: If you're a 4-man party looking to stand up against Na'Vi, get your damn 5th player; don't shove shoddy mechanics into public matches just because you can't be bothered to find a proper team.

dont play captain mode if u dont have 4 other players to play with.
    If that was the case it wouldn't be solo que MM, that would be TMM which valve should implement if they haven't already and separate the full 5 man teams from the solo quers that actaully want a chance to try out Captains mode by themselves.
    Last edited by Apollopr; 07-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    Okay, then:

Why not follow your own advice, genius?
    I was hoping you were not stupid enough to say that. I am not the one complaining, now am I GENIUS! "DONT PLAY CM IF YOU DONT HAVE 4 PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH AND YOU ARE GONNA CRY AND COMPLAIN IF THEY GET THE CAPTAIN". This is what my advice means, for non idiots. But unfortunately for you I had to spell it all out. Maybe I should write it again in case you didnt understand. IF YOU ARE GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT A PARTY OF 4 HAVING THE CAPTAIN, THEN DONT PLAY CM.

Why not? It's not like the 4-man party can't work with the solo captain. You assume the solo captain will ruin the game for the 4-man party. Your assumption is quite arbitrary and biased. The solo is also gambling that if he's not the captain, he will get allied with a good captain.
    Oh my god you are so stupid. LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Go back and read what I wrote, DID I SAY THAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME?!?!? In fact later on I clearly say only SOME TIMES has it happened to me that the solo person got the captain (some 8 or 9 times), and most of those times he has ruined the game because he picked without listening to what we were saying. THAT is not fair. Should 1 person be upset or 4? You probably wont understand that. I said, if solo is captain and he screws the picking, 4 people are gonna be upset. If one of the 4 is the captain and he doesnt do what the single person likes, only solo que person will be upset, although I have never seen that happen yet because the 4 have always asked the single guy.

So you got carried on a CM game. Fascinating! This truly adds a lot to this discussion. Not.
    O_o Were you drunk when you wrote all of this? What does this sentence have anything at all to do with anything at all? Just wanted to bash on me and couldnt find a good sentence? And er, I didnt GET carried, I WAS the carry. Riki is a carry not a tank bro.

And that just means you're a terrible captain, not that every solo is.
    O_o aaagain, you not so smart person, I said If I had forced MY strategy on them, or if I had just picked what I wanted the team to play, just like I mentioned other idiots have done earlier in my own experience, we would not have been able to enjoy the game. I'll write again so it gets clear to you. A few sentences above I spoke about how in most games the solo que captain picked for the premade 4 team. That screwed us over because he did not listen to us, just picked and banned what he wanted. In this sentence, when I said "If I had done that" by 'that' I meant picked a team by my self without listening to other people. To this you're probably gonna say, "well Im gonna listen to them as well, not just gonna force my stategy on them". To that I would say, firstly thats very nice of you, you are a nice person. A lot of the times that does not happen however and the 4 people get screwed. Secondly, IMO, and only IMO, thats just as bad because then youre neither here nor there.

Bullshit.
    Impeccable argument to my factual statement. Brilliant sir brilliant, you are a gem. I bet you were in the debate society in your school, right? come on honestly am i right? I know I am! (FYI that is sarcasm. and FYI=for your information).

Bull; no one can handle a 4v5 if the match was properly balanced.
    well, congrats to you for finally forming a sentence that makes some sense. Yes, IF the match was properly balanced. So you think MM makes balanced matches do you? No it doesnt. And btw, I have won 3v5 matches and lost 5v3 matches in dota1. And I am sure everyone here has seen 4v5 matches being won in dota1, because nearly 70% of the matches WERE 4v5 by at least the 20 min mark.

So you're saying you know the strategy in nearly every game you play? There are hundreds of strategies, I have been playing for over 6 years and even then I would not be so presumptuous as to say I know all of them. Most of the games we play with premades we are playing in unknown, sometimes NO strategy. All a solo needs to do is not feed really. That is all.

I repeat: If you're a 4-man party looking to stand up against Na'Vi, get your damn 5th player; don't shove shoddy mechanics into public matches just because you can't be bothered to find a proper team.
    lol. the amount of, ridiculous things you have said in this post puts blondes to shame. Bro, how many games of dota have you played where you had international standard matches? I have over 800 total games played in dota2, over 5000 (no exaggeration) in dota1, and I dont expect to see international standard games in random MM! If I had to guess, I would say some 1% chance you will have that kind of a game. So you mean to tell me every game you go in CM with the hopes that you will be up against puppeh? REALLY!!!!! I think 30-40% of the CM games I have played, it seemed like the other team had just watched an international match, banned and picked what they had just seen, and then had no idea what to do. I mean literally, 3 times I can explicitly recall right now.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopr View Post
    If that was the case it wouldn't be solo que MM, that would be TMM which valve should implement if they haven't already and separate the full 5 man teams from the solo quers that actaully want a chance to try out Captains mode by themselves.
    No mate I meant dont play CM if you are gonna complain like that guy who is complaining that the 4 premades got the captain. I play solo que CM all the time, I am just as happy when they get the captain. In fact I preffer it because it leads to an overall better experience. All I meant was that if you are gonna whine about it then dont play CM solo. Get a party of 5 and wait for Na'Vi to show up against you, as Irrelevante hopes.

First of all, just wanted to point out that it's obvious you're coping out of your previous post. Either that or your ability to write simple sarcasm over the internet is completely non-existent. Pick your poison.

I was hoping you were not stupid enough to say that. I am not the one complaining, now am I GENIUS! "DONT PLAY CM IF YOU DONT HAVE 4 PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH AND YOU ARE GONNA CRY AND COMPLAIN IF THEY GET THE CAPTAIN". This is what my advice means, for non idiots. But unfortunately for you I had to spell it all out. Maybe I should write it again in case you didnt understand. IF YOU ARE GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT A PARTY OF 4 HAVING THE CAPTAIN, THEN DONT PLAY CM.
    Your post reads, and I quote:

dont play captain mode if u dont have 4 other players to play with. Its not fair a solo chooses for the premade other 4 people and ruins their game.
    Where did you make those references to "going solo and crying because you didn't get captain's"? Nowhere, that's where. If that's what you originally intended, then I've got news for you: Your inability to properly structure your thoughts into words ain't any of our problems, you moron.

Oh my god you are so stupid. LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Go back and read what I wrote, DID I SAY THAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME?!?!? In fact later on I clearly say only SOME TIMES has it happened to me that the solo person got the captain (some 8 or 9 times), and most of those times he has ruined the game because he picked without listening to what we were saying. THAT is not fair. Should 1 person be upset or 4? You probably wont understand that. I said, if solo is captain and he screws the picking, 4 people are gonna be upset. If one of the 4 is the captain and he doesnt do what the single person likes, only solo que person will be upset, although I have never seen that happen yet because the 4 have always asked the single guy.
    News flash: If you want readers to read between the lines, then properly hint them to. Not that you would because your post had no hidden message behind it whatsoever. So you had a solo ruin the game 8 or 9 times!? SOMEONE CALL THE FBI! Hey, it's not like those are 8 or 9 games out of probably millions of CM games. Oh, no. We MUST listen to your anecdotal ramble (also, MIDs or I'm calling bullshit), as if it was some sort of statistical proof that solos are the only ones ruining games (Hint: it isn't). Should one person or 4 be annoyed? None of them should and the game should not be designed to favor parties over solos. The fact that you can't see beyond your nose that giving such preference is a terrible idea doesn't make it less of a terrible idea.

O_o Were you drunk when you wrote all of this? What does this sentence have anything at all to do with anything at all? Just wanted to bash on me and couldnt find a good sentence? And er, I didnt GET carried, I WAS the carry. Riki is a carry not a tank bro.
    That's what I was thinking exactly. What the hell did that anecdote have to do with the discussion? That you had an enjoyable game with a 4-man party? Woo, that's... great, I guess? What does that have to do with this topic, though? Do you really think a single anecdote holds any water in an argument? (That was rethorical. Please, don't answer.)

Also, when you talk about the team in this fashion:

If they had the carry, they could have won it 4v5, didnt even need me, their strategy was brilliant and they had perfect coordination.
    It sounds to me like you got your shit carried. But, hey, I'm sure that with those 5000+ games under your belt, you'd understand that if those 4 players pretty much handed you cs/map control/ganks in a silver platter, then the carry would be the one getting carried. Oh wait, you don't.

O_o aaagain, you not so smart person, I said If I had forced MY strategy on them, or if I had just picked what I wanted the team to play, just like I mentioned other idiots have done earlier in my own experience, we would not have been able to enjoy the game. I'll write again so it gets clear to you. A few sentences above I spoke about how in most games the solo que captain picked for the premade 4 team. That screwed us over because he did not listen to us, just picked and banned what he wanted. In this sentence, when I said "If I had done that" by 'that' I meant picked a team by my self without listening to other people. To this you're probably gonna say, "well Im gonna listen to them as well, not just gonna force my stategy on them". To that I would say, firstly thats very nice of you, you are a nice person. A lot of the times that does not happen however and the 4 people get screwed. Secondly, IMO, and only IMO, thats just as bad because then youre neither here nor there.
    Again, don't insult my inteligence followed by corrections/addons of your previous statements. Your inability to sit down and think your posts through is none of my problems. You dwell on so many hyperboles it's almost boring to keep track of what you're saying, but here goes:

You propose that the game would've been horrible if you were captain and hadn't cooperated with your team. I can't help but reply: No shit, Sherlock? What if the solo player is fully capable of being a captain and communicates well with his allies? You can't deny the fact that it can happen and by accepting this fact you can't strip away the ability of said player from ever being a solo captain. What I do or don't do as a captain on a pub CM match is entirely irrelevant. That whole argument hinges on possibilities and as much as you want to pick possibilites of solos screwing over games for stacks, I can pick possibilities of solos leading teams to victories.

Impeccable argument to my factual statement. Brilliant sir brilliant, you are a gem. I bet you were in the debate society in your school, right? come on honestly am i right? I know I am! (FYI that is sarcasm. and FYI=for your information).
    Ironic because it is an impeccable counter-argument. I don't have to believe your shit. MatchIDs or I'm calling bullshit on your "solos ruin my CM games" anecdotes.

well, congrats to you for finally forming a sentence that makes some sense. Yes, IF the match was properly balanced. So you think MM makes balanced matches do you? No it doesnt. And btw, I have won 3v5 matches and lost 5v3 matches in dota1. And I am sure everyone here has seen 4v5 matches being won in dota1, because nearly 70% of the matches WERE 4v5 by at least the 20 min mark.
    I just knew you would throw in a MM rant for good measure. If you want to prove the MM algorithm consistently fails, then please present proof for it. Otherwise you can shut up about it.

Again, for a player with supposedly 5000+ games played, you have a very shallow view of the game.

So you're saying you know the strategy in nearly every game you play?
    No. I said:

In response to your statement:

4 people can carry the weight of the idiot solo if its their strategy but they cant do shit when there is no strategy.
    There are hundreds of strategies, I have been playing for over 6 years and even then I would not be so presumptuous as to say I know all of them. Most of the games we play with premades we are playing in unknown, sometimes NO strategy. All a solo needs to do is not feed really. That is all.
    Where did this whole ramble came from is beyond me.

lol. the amount of, ridiculous things you have said in this post puts blondes to shame.
    After seeing you reply with "O_o" emoticons, I find this statement entirely hilarious.

Bro, how many games of dota have you played where you had international standard matches?
    Why does it matter?

I have over 800 total games played in dota2, over 5000 (no exaggeration) in dota1
    Who cares?

If I had to guess, I would say some 1% chance you will have that kind of a game. So you mean to tell me every game you go in CM with the hopes that you will be up against puppeh? REALLY!!!!! I think 30-40% of the CM games I have played, it seemed like the other team had just watched an international match, banned and picked what they had just seen, and then had no idea what to do. I mean literally, 3 times I can explicitly recall right now.
    Again, where this came from is beyond me. Your reading comprehension must not be your forte if all this came from me mentioning Na'Vi (Hint: That wasn't the point of that statement). Wether you agree or not with this suggestion remains a mystery to me since you keep going back and forth with your own statements.

I say again: Pub matches; no restrictions for anyone.
    Last edited by Irrelevante; 07-24-2012 at 10:27 PM.

@ Irrelevante

Be honest, are you a girl?

@Destructoboy

Be honest. Are you 12?
    Last edited by Irrelevante; 07-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.