Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain's Mode Captain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Captain's Mode Captain

Hi,

A few of my friends and I just queued up with 4 into Captain's Mode and we've been getting a 5th that-

Doesn't have speakers for voice chat.
    Doesn't speak good enough English to hear our suggestions, or doesn't care.
    Troll BANs.

So my suggestion is to give the team that queued up with the most players the captain slot.

+1. Happens in every single CM game I've played with 3-4 people.
    In the last one, we told the guy what he should pick / ban to counter the other team and he picked randomly. Then we got butchered.

I don't think we're playing CM again until this is "fixed"...

Basic Member
    Yes some Capitans dont get that this is a team game... more then once i had a captian that was picing heros i cant play...

I've queued into a CM with 4 guys once. The 5'th got Capt seat, and then AFK'ed through the first 2 bans... He finally came back and was all like "LOL I DIDN'T REALIZE I WAS CAPT!"

He proceeded to let me tell him what to pick/ban and we ended up winning, but still, that's redic.

"Thanks meat, uh, I mean mate." -Pudge

System Specs (for bug reporting)

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
    DFI LanParty DK 790FXB-M3H5
    G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB GDDR5

With current system in a 4 player stack there is a 50% chance that the '5th solo guy' will be captain (because if there are 4 of you, he will be put either as 1st player or as last).
    So yeah, for such stacks that's really uncomfortable.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    With current system in a 4 player stack there is a 50% chance that the '5th solo guy' will be captain (because if there are 4 of you, he will be put either as 1st player or as last).
    So yeah, for such stacks that's really uncomfortable.
    This too. Since you're always in a line with your group it's 1/2 rather than 1/5 chance the 5th player will be captain.

One other point - If this was implemented you can actually control who is captain since if your party does get in first it always goes to the party leader. This way if you queue up with 3 you can put the one with the most game sense in the party leader slot.

Also, if you solo queue CM you generally don't have a gameplan and aren't necessarily wanting to be captain. The people in a group are a lot more likely to actually be going in with some sort of plan.

As far as I can see, there's little to no downside to this. It seems fairly simple to implement and would definitely improve overall game experience.

Basic Member
    -1. i mostly solo queue and im better than 90% of the 4 locks i see. i have a high win rate as captain. it should be rank/skill based. not majority rules.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prophets View Post
    -1. i mostly solo queue and im better than 90% of the 4 locks i see. i have a high win rate as captain. it should be rank/skill based. not majority rules.
    The issue with this is-

1- You're the exception to most solo queuers. I queue mostly with 4, and so far have not had the 5th be a good captain (out of probably 10 games where we didn't get captain). I'd have no problem having you be the captain on my team if you were competent and listened to suggestions, but that's not normally the case. You have to look at the entire community, not just yourself.

2- 1 person happy vs 4 people happy. This should be obvious which is better. My team queues up with me in the captain slot because every one of them would like me to make the picks.

3- Captain's mode is the most team/group oriented mode out of all of them, it should be rewarding to join as a group.

4- It's matchmaking so everybody will have similar rank/skills. Your personal win % doesn't directly correspond with your ability to pick heroes. The matchmaking system is supposed to get everybody's win % close to 50%, by making it easier when you lose and harder when you win.

Basic Member
    Imo there should be like 10sec time before picking to let ppl vote on who will be the captain (if they don't vote in time then they random vote).

Also captain should be able to promote another player for captain.

I'm pretty sure there was an idea like this already somewhere on the forums o.O.

Basic Member
    +1