Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Focus Fire doesn't reduce Maelstrom/Mjollnir Chain Lightning damage

[Confirmed] Focus Fire doesn't reduce Maelstrom/Mjollnir Chain Lightning damage

see title
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basic Member
    and why you think it should? Chain just deals 120(160) magic damage to target(s), regardless of hero damage.
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 07-18-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    and why you think it should?
    Because focus fire should reduce all secondary damage effects including chain lightning. afaik it was the same in Dota1. It's half the point of getting her scepter.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Basic Member
    then looks like test map is broken, because it shows same numbers of damage when FF on and off

dunno.jpg

edit: i just tested in official dota 6.74c - it works same way on creeps and (dummy)heroes
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 07-18-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Basic Member
    this is the description on PD: "The damage reduction affects all damage from Alleria while the spell is active, including alternate damage such as orb effects."

This is the in-game text: "Windrunner channels the wind, gaining maximum attack speed on the enemy unit or structure, although with reduced damage, including damage from unique attack modifiers and item effects."

So...bug in both? It really sounds like it shouldn't be proccing for full damage unless you have scepter. Maybe DotA1 uses a triggered heal? afaik, maelstrom would need to have 3 extra versions of the spell in order to work with focus fire "perfectly" according to those descriptions and triggered heal would be easier to implement in JASS.
    Last edited by Fydorian; 07-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List

Basic Member
    i don't know, maybe i am doing something wrong (almost 4AM here, and i am going to sleep now ), but creeps (tested only on neutrals) loosing exactly 120HP and heroes loosing 90(120*.75) (same for mjolnirs 160 chain damage) regardless of Focus fire state. Can anyone else test that?
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 07-18-2012 at 09:30 AM.

I doubt you had room to do anything wrong really, it's just not working as described, in both games. Really confusing, need some word of god on this one.

btw does in dota 1 it uses the triggered heals for the main target only, or also with the jumped chain lightning? but i remember it does uses triggered heal for non-agha and defend ability for agha version

the reason for asking that : can't see the amout of damage in main target (too much number lol), whether it is reduced or dealt normally
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlebrains View Post
    I doubt you had room to do anything wrong really, it's just not working as described, in both games. Really confusing, need some word of god on this one.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List

this might sound stupid, but how do you get 120.00 number on heroes? it only shows up 90.00 on mine

edited : skimmed through the jass dump, seems like it only heals the main target

edited2: nevermind, test map doesn't take into account triggered heals for showing damage, trying to test it now w/o it

edited3: nah i give up
    Last edited by chukky-jr; 07-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.