Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naga Siren Lore

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    That was pure speculation that is now fully debatable.
    I guess one can argue that the Slithereen are a group of races that live in the depths, and their sworn enemies are the Leviathans and those who worship Maelrawn.

Basic Member
    Her original lore (dota 1) was so much better. This one is good though.

Not much else would I expect here.
    ---

I'd say that either of the two can be right. Either Nagas are a part of the Slithereen Guard, them being a separate race, or it is simply a rank.

Though, when you think about it, what if Naga is how you call a Slithereen female?
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    ---

I'd say that either of the two can be right. Either Nagas are a part of the Slithereen Guard, them being a separate race, or it is simply a rank.

Though, when you think about it, what if Naga is how you call a Slithereen female?
    Yeah there are alot of possibilities, it would be cool if Lamprey gave us a little insight on it, but I think he enjoys seeing us trying to figure these things out ourselves (GJ with the lore lists thread btw.)

also, Naga quote:

"The lampreys will pick your bones."
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

---

I have a strong feeling that the "Naga" part of her name is just a remnant from Warcraft 3. I think if she was a Naga (be it in rank or species) it would be mentioned in her lore somewhere.

But just to address the second point, a friend of mine had a theory that "Slitherene" is a female and "Slithereen" is a male. Doesn't explain why the Slithereen Guard is spelled differently in two separate lores, but ho-hum.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The4thSniporr View Post
    I have a strong feeling that the "Naga" part of her name is just a remnant from Warcraft 3. I think if she was a Naga (be it in rank or species) it would be mentioned in her lore somewhere.

But just to address the second point, a friend of mine had a theory that "Slitherene" is a female and "Slithereen" is a male. Doesn't explain why the Slithereen Guard is spelled differently in two separate lores, but ho-hum.
    Hmm... it's possible, I thought it was just a typo.
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

I'd rather not say so, Slitherene just sounds too good.

But meanwhile, they were pillaged by a group of levianths who worship Maelrawn. Leviathan is a levianth? Or what?

Basic Member
    But meanwhile, they were pillaged by a group of levianths who worship Maelrawn. Leviathan is a levianth? Or what?
    Now I'm really confused. They are probably smaller Leviathans, a sub-species.

Yeah, if only Leviathan wasn't his name...

Basic Member
    Yeah, if only Leviathan wasn't his name...
    He's Leviathan the Tidehunter? I always thought it was Tidehunter the Leviathan.

Oh, going by his skill he's a Kraken. So maybe levianths are just a race with a similar name, coincidence.