Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Match History WebAPI

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Netshroud View Post
    Check the HTTP status code when that happens. What is it?
    200. There's nothing strange about the response other than the fact that occasionally (and for a brief time period), all responses will just be empty, other than for the text in my previous post.

After a while things just return to normal like nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Memory and bandwidth considerations.
    I see. Would there be a possibility that a compressed dump of details of all past matches be made available?

Quote Originally Posted by Rychard View Post
    200. There's nothing strange about the response other than the fact that occasionally (and for a brief time period), all responses will just be empty, other than for the text in my previous post.

After a while things just return to normal like nothing ever happened.
    Very odd, I normally get that on HTTP 500s.

How do I find out what hero_id and item values translate into?
    These values can be found in files that are in your Dota 2 install directory.
    For heroes:
    Steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/gamedota/scripts/npc/npc_heroes.txt
    For items:
    Steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/gamedota/scripts/npc/items.txt
    How can I pivot from this to the images in the vpk /resource/flash3/heroes and /resource/flash3/items ?

Banned
    Hello,

Is the "Skill level" information available for each replay in that web API ? ( A.k.a Very High, High, Normal )

Regards.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesix View Post
    I see. Would there be a possibility that a compressed dump of details of all past matches be made available?
    Seconded; having all games prior to 00:00:00 July 1st in a single (massive) zip would allow people who want every game available to get it elsewhere (throw up a torrent and valve wouldn't even need to worry about hosting)

Basic Member
    But how i can look all matches? I can see only last 500 matches? Because start_at_match_id dont help in this... Anyone try do it?

Banned
    I didn't get it.

Banned
    This thing is too hard for me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ymi2gr84u View Post
    Hello,

Is the "Skill level" information available for each replay in that web API ? ( A.k.a Very High, High, Normal )

Regards.
    yes, looking at the first post:
    skill=<skill> # 0 for any, 1 for normal, 2 for high, 3 for very high skil

just add the call for skill in the url and have fun with it. example:
    http://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchHistory/V001/?format=xml&skill=3&key=<key>

after replacing the <key> value with your own key, this webapi call shows you the latest 25 games with a very high skill rating in xml format

Basic Member
    I've been doing a bit of investigation trying to understand the api and how it can be used. One thing I'd love to do is automate results for tournaments into dota2wiki. My understanding is that the league_id parameter can get access to the various tournaments (as listed on the tournaments page). For league_id 2 and 3, which I think are the International Qualifiers you can get the match_id for the games for further details but this isn't possible for the other paid access leagues. If that's correct I've a couple of questions:
    • Will that change so that they become available in the future?
    • Would purchasing a ticket in the store also grant api access to my steam account?