Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Match History WebAPI

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creezy View Post
    When/if you switch over, can you explain how you did it before? I'm curious to know but can't figure it out.
    Probably making fake UDP calls to the server emulating as if you were browsing recent games.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCloud View Post
    After the API restart, calls to the match history method does not working when URL contains date_min and date_max (total_results = 0), for example:

It works as expected when URL contains date_min or date_max only.

Is it on purpose or it's just error and will be fixed? Using date_min and date_max together is handy, please re-enable it.
    This was super useful, would also love to see it back.

e: It actually seems to work if the time difference is large enough (100k works, 10k doesnt), but it would be great to be able to query for any timespan.
    Last edited by DolefulStoat; 08-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Something is very broken. My crawler has been getting large amounts of empty results on queries, and then suddenly maxes out.

http://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Ma...min=1342310399
    ^
    date max = 1342310400
    date_min = 1342310399

A difference of merely one second and yet returns over 500 results...

Zoid, we are excited to design third party sites but we have been receiving almost zero support and the API has only become more dysfunctional. Why has Valve not set up a Web API subforum? We need a place to discuss topics that is not an unorganized 28 page thread.
    Last edited by walkingcarpet; 08-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingcarpet View Post
    Something is very broken. My crawler has been getting large amounts of empty results on queries, and then suddenly maxes out.

<snip>
    ^
    date max = 1342310400
    date_min = 1342310399

A difference of merely one second and yet returns over 500 results...

Zoid, we are excited to design third party sites but we have been receiving almost zero support and the API has only become more dysfunctional. Why has Valve not set up a Web API subforum? We need a place to discuss topics that is not an unorganized 28 page thread.
    You may want to edit that, you just posted your key.

oops, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walkingcarpet View Post
    We've been focused internally on changes for the International. The change today made it so date ranges must be at least 24 hours apart, as individual seconds was causing excessive load on the database server. We hope to eventually have a much better method of getting history using match id (just give me the next 25 before match X) but its a lower priority right now than ensuring stability for TI2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    We've been focused internally on changes for the International. The change today made it so date ranges must be at least 24 hours apart, as individual seconds was causing excessive load on the database server. We hope to eventually have a much better method of getting history using match id (just give me the next 25 before match X) but its a lower priority right now than ensuring stability for TI2.
    I'm sorry for complaining but setting the date range until it returned less than 500 results was the only way to crawl the match history for IDs, since "start_at_match_id" is not working properly. Now we have no way to reliably crawl the match history set.

edit: additionally there have been multiple posts requesting a method to simply return match IDs, since many of us are using GetMatchHistory only for the IDs to call GetMatchDetails. A large list of match IDs would significantly cut the number of requests necessary.

p.s. thank you for responding
    Last edited by walkingcarpet; 08-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Basic Member
    I've hit something weird that I don't quite know how to explain.

https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchHistory/V001/?date_max=1344423600&skill=2&key=<key>

has as it's most recent entry

"match_id": 31287964,
    "start_time": 1344383953,

I can get a more recent entry using

https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchHistory/V001/?date_max=1344470400&skill=2&key=<>

which returns new entries taking place between 1344470349 to 1344469997, but

https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchHistory/V001/?date_max=1344470399&skill=2&key=<>

brings up the same list as the first search.

After figuring that much out, I punched in the UTC codes to a converter. Match 31287964 took place 47 seconds before August 8th, 12:00 AM GMT. The lowest date_max search that returns something other than that match is set to August 9th, 12:00 AM GMT. Basically any date_max set anywhere inside of August 8th becomes August 7th, 11:59 PM.

Maybe I'm doing something dumb to trigger this that I haven't noticed. Maybe it's just related to the downtime. Whatever the case, here's a heads-up for anyone running into a similar issue.

Edit: Turns out that it's a little more complicated than that. I run into the same issue no matter what day I start on. If I've used date_max recently, future searches seem default to the previous day. Don't know if this is a side effect related to the date_min, date_max change or if I'm specifically breaking something.

Edit2: Recent searches don't matter. I can pick any time (GMT) in any day. Use a date_max search with it. The first result will always be shortly before midnight of the previous day.

Edit3: So date_min and date_max only function if you're explicitly defining a range that is at least a day and the total search has less than 500 entries.

Also, if you set your date_max to July 31st 12:00 PM (GMT) and your date_min to July 30th 12:00 PM (GMT) your first result will be no later than July 30th 11:59 PM (GMT) even when there are less than 500 entries. If you want to get matches that happened on July 31st your date_max has to be any time on August 1st (and there have to be less than 500 matches ahead of it in that particular search).
    Last edited by Phantasmal; 08-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Basic Member
    Just from a pendantic POV, surely "starttime" should be "start_time" just to keep in-line with your naming style.

I am +1-ing the date glitch.

right now,
    if I use this url: https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2M...ed=25&key=XXXX
    then the latest match is ID#32124620 from time 1344694719

however if I use this url: https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2M...max=1344698029
    then the latest match is ID#31886792 from time 1344611006