Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Match History WebAPI

Basic Member
    Still HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable - since I've recently discovered this: is it normal that it's down by times or was it rather stable in the past?

As I built it today where the service appears to be offline, just for clarification: I'm using the method posted by Rychard (post #30) to get the correct account_id based on either the Steam ID 64 or the Steamcommunity URL account name (aka "SingSing"). That is correct, ait?
    Last edited by rrene; 09-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrene View Post
    Still HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable - since I've recently discovered this: is it normal that it's down by times or was it rather stable in the past?
    This is the first time it's been down for this long. I think it's got something to do with the international.

Quote Originally Posted by rrene View Post
    As I built it today where the service appears to be offline, just for clarification: I'm using the method posted by Rychard (post #30) to get the correct account_id based on either the Steam ID 64 or the Steamcommunity URL account name (aka "SingSing"). That is correct, ait?
    If you have someone's URL and need their 64-bit steam id to convert to a 32-bit steam id, use that method (http://steamcommunity.com/id/AdmiralRychard/?xml=1, look for steamid64 tag)
    If you have someone's 64-bit ID and need their 32-bit id (or vice-versa) - it's basic math and has been mentioned many times in this thread
    If you have someone's 64-bit ID and need their URL, either use "http://steamcommunity.com/profile/<id>" as their url, or "http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUser/GetPlayerSummaries/v0002/?key=XXX&steamids=<id>"

Basic Member
    It was down for TI2 and then turned back on again, but it has since stopped working again.

Steam stats were stuck for a few days (see here) but that was fixed a few hours ago it seems. I wonder if it's related at all...?

Would it be possible to get info indicating if a character was randomed added to the data returned in the future?

Basic Member
    Any word on when this will be back up? I've been getting 503 all day.

Basic Member
    Any word on why and/or when it will be back up again would be highly appreciated, so we can stop F5ing and wondering.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d07.RiV View Post
    What if I wanted to add a match browser to a non-web-based tool? Not like I could include my key there, and even if I did, its surely bound to a domain name..
    There's nothing stopping you from doing that. I'm assuming by "non-web-based" you mean a desktop application and not something that runs in a browser. Any app that uses this api would obviously need to be connected to the internet, but nothing forces it to be running in a web browser. The domain name section you fill in when requesting a key isn't used to restrict that key's access to a particular domain. It's just for Valve's own purposes, presumably so they can have an idea of what/how many sites are using the service.

Edit: If you're worried about including your key in an application (certainly a valid concern!), then you could set up a server for your application and have your application access your server, which then accesses the webAPI using your key. That way you wouldn't have to worry about someone "stealing" your key from your application.
    Last edited by MochaFlux; 09-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Basic Member
    when i type the link to retrieve matchdetails into my browser, i get an empty set.
    when i change the format to xml, i get an xml syntax error.
    Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/IDOTA2Match_570/GetMatchDetails/V001/?match_id=27110133&key=<key>
    is this part of the interface not implemented yet or am i doing something wrong?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    The API is unavailable for days now, in that case this is what you get indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    when i type the link to retrieve matchdetails into my browser, i get an empty set.
    when i change the format to xml, i get an xml syntax error.
    is this part of the interface not implemented yet or am i doing something wrong?
    reading the last ~week's worth of posts answers your question...

still 503ing though...

i hope it comes back soon... my database is getting very out of date!