Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Match History WebAPI

Basic Member
    grasdaggel, look into GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum if you haven't already. It gives the game mode, as well as all other GetMatchDetails information, right in the result list. I can't really think of a reason to use GetMatchHistory/GetMatchDetails anymore since its functionality got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaiBu View Post
    grasdaggel, look into GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum if you haven't already. It gives the game mode, as well as all other GetMatchDetails information, right in the result list. I can't really think of a reason to use GetMatchHistory/GetMatchDetails anymore since its functionality got nerfed.
    Could you elaborate? Im not sure what to do with GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum - the first post doesnt contain any information about that. :/

EDIT: i worked it out myself. GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum doesn't gives back Ability Upgrades, so I thereby can't really use it without doing another JSON call, which I do not want performance-wise.
    Last edited by grasdaggel; 06-24-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grasdaggel View Post
    GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum doesn't gives back Ability Upgrades...
    Yes it does. I think you might be looking at old matches. I don't think you can get ability information for those period, although I haven't tried with GetMatchDetails. Maybe you can. In any case, for newer matches, GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum returns ability upgrade info. Try it with with the start_at_match_seq_num parameter set to something recent.
    Last edited by DaiBu; 07-04-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Basic Member
    Is GetMatchHistoryBySequenceNum not working?

Basic Member
    completely down for everyone else?

Yep, Dotabuff is telling that the API is not available for about 4h now.

Basic Member
    Friends, tell me, please, is there any API for DOTA 2 to interact with the interface in the main menu, for example to manage the chat, search for matches, etc.

Hey guys,

Tell me, please, is it possible to retrieve match verbose info? I'm interesting in heroes movements, using and learning skill through the time and other. Like "text replay".
    Or the only way is download replay and parse it? It would be huge traffic on valve servers (and my cpu : ) if i decide to analyze thousands of games... Is there some limits about it?

And second answer linked with the first one: how trackdota site shows heroes on map in live? Are they using some API i describe below or what?

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by borshevsky View Post
    Hey guys,

Tell me, please, is it possible to retrieve match verbose info? I'm interesting in heroes movements, using and learning skill through the time and other. Like "text replay".
    Or the only way is download replay and parse it? It would be huge traffic on valve servers (and my cpu : ) if i decide to analyze thousands of games... Is there some limits about it?

And second answer linked with the first one: how trackdota site shows heroes on map in live? Are they using some API i describe below or what?

Thanks!
    http://academictorrents.com/browse.php?search=Dota+2

You can message the Yasp guys on their Discord channel if you need a more up-to-date dump. The June 2016 dump is pretty recent and it should work for your project.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    hi , i have some questions about steam api and most of them are based on Dota 2 .If you can help me please answer some questions ( I am new in this so sorry for some logic-stupid questions) :
    - Do I have some opportunity to create lobby for game ?
    - If I do can I invite there some users of my site and start game ?
    - Can I collect results of game ?
    I was searching in many resources and finded only information about profile, user, list of games etc.. Thank you for response.