Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Omnislash vision bug (NOT at Roshan or a cliff)

[Fixed] Omnislash vision bug (NOT at Roshan or a cliff)

Summary:
    I just played a game where Omnislash only hit twice before being canceled due to LoS issues in the radiant forest.

Repro Steps:
    Not sure, I guess use Omnislash at the exact location and move the target hero the exact direction?

Result:
    There was no cliff involved, just trees (right below the south juking trees by middle tower). It seems like after a slash I land next to a tree and get stuck, and Sven (who is not on haste) is able to run far enough away.

Coming down with the second slash of omni: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...4B7A79B440E0F/

Immediately after Juggernaut lands here, and doesn't continue: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...A4C7673CB6B15/

Expected Result:
    I would expect Juggernaut to retain vision of the target hero through the trees until all slashes are finished.

Game ID is 26935159, it happens at almost exactly 20:00.
    Last edited by SkittlesAreYum; 07-19-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittlesAreYum View Post
    So I just played a game where Omnislash only hit twice before being canceled due to LoS issues in the radiant forest. There was no cliff involved, just trees (right below the south juking trees by middle tower). It seems like after a slash I land next to a tree and get stuck, and Sven (who is not on haste) is able to run far enough away.

Coming down with the second slash of omni: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...4B7A79B440E0F/

Immediately after Juggernaut lands here, and doesn't continue: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...A4C7673CB6B15/

Game ID is 26935159, it happens at almost exactly 20:00.
    This happened because onislash does not give you vision. So when enemy go into woods your vision is gone and onislash has no longer a valid target.

In Dota 1 = Onislash give vision and follows the hero when going into woods
    In Dota 2 = Onislash dont give vision and dont follow the hero into woods. You no longer have a valid target

Its not a bug. Its how the ultimate is programmed in dota 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciaticjam View Post
    This happened because onislash does not give you vision. So when enemy go into woods your vision is gone and onislash has no longer a valid target.

In Dota 2 = Onislash dont give vision and dont follow the hero into woods. You no longer have a valid target

Yes, its how the ultimate is programmed but it shouldn't be like that. Being different that Dota 1 makes it a bug.
    If they make omnislash not give invulnerability to juggernaut, would you say its not a bug, its programmed that way in dota 2?

Unless otherwise stated, Dota 2 is supposed to match Dota 1. This is a situation where I can't see why they'd change that.

Plus, I think you are wrong anyway. It is supposed to give flying vision in Dota 2, and I believe it usually does. There are other threads about the flying vision working except by Roshan or a cliff, but it usually works amongst trees.

Iif i recall correctly omnislash had a change in dota2 where it gives flying vision for the duration. You shouldn't be able to stop it by going through trees or cliffs.

Can anyone else confirm this for me?

Basic Member
    Can confirm that no fliying vision was given in that replay. Maybe the flying vision is applied later? Since it cancels on the first slash. Regardless I believe it should be applied on cast, not after first slash, so definitely looks like a bug.

Basic Member
    adding it to the sticky.
    there are enough issues with omnislash for the devs to take a closer look anyway.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Please fix this ridiculous bug? It makes omnislash totally useless since it's very easy to abuse if there are trees nearby, please fix!!!!!!!!!!!