Thread: Keywords in shop search

Basic Member

Keywords in shop search

I really like the search feature, but it would be even easier to use if you could search for "TP" and find Town Portal Scroll, "Lothar" and find Shadow Blade, maybe even HoN/LoL terms could show the dota2 equivalent?

Also, I find that very often when I drag the cursor from right to left to highlight my last search, the first letter doesnt get highlighter. Maybe it's pebcak but if more players are experiencing that it could be worth looking into

If there are trademark issues, maybe you could edit this on user basis in a config file? Maybe you already can??

Basic Member
    The search button should reset by default. Makes no sense if ur gonna show butterfly twice or something like that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Freak View Post
    The search button should reset by default. Makes no sense if ur gonna show butterfly twice or something like that.
    oh yes

Basic Member
    oh yes

Basic Member
    I disagree, say I search for something more complicated like scepter and I have never played dota. When I go back to the shop, I'd like to be able to see what else I need to buy. There should just be an X in the right corner to clear the selection.

Basic Member
    Then after pressing x you should auto select the typing bar - so you can type right away. Now i have to press X, and after that i have to press the bar to type in again. This costs time. And when i am shopping (and not watching my hero) i'd like to do this asap.
    Last edited by Dutch_Freak; 09-16-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: bad english

The feature to search for items by their nickname is in the works.