Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] "Get out of Jail Card"

[Suggestion] "Get out of Jail Card"

Hello!

First off I'd like to thank Valve and all the other members of the staff who have created such a great game. I played Dota 1 from 2003-2008 and hosted many games using banlist.

I've been on and off low priority que due to many reasons. Some more stupid that other (such as guests arriving at my house, to my brother getting in a car wreck and being in the hospital.)

My question to the devs is whether or not there should be an allowed pass from low prio if you spend more than 20 dollars at the in game store.

This morning I was visiting my brother and showing him Dota 2. I thought a casual 30 minute game turned into a 50 minute game and breakfast was ready. As i'm sure everoyne knows, a grown man cannot say, wait, life needs to take a break and I need to finish Dota 2. However, after showing my brother Dota 2 he wanted to play along with me.

Well, i didnt quit the game, but instead went AFK in a lane (broodmother, web.) and go an early abondement.

Okay i get it, i may have ruined the game for the rest of the 9 players.

However, I went home and bought my brother an invite, 29.99.

Im curious as to whether or not it is applicable to remove low prio for people who drop more than 20$ in the shop. It obviously means something to players when they are willing to spend money.

Im in low prio because i went afk. I know people dont care about the reasons. I'm just asking if spending in game money can any sort of retribution for a guy whos played 500+ games with 25 leaves and drops money in the store to be redeemed.

Thank you.

Basic Member
    25 leaves in 500 games?
    seriously?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Money doesn't make you exempt from the rules. You ruin games for other people, you get low priority.

I agree completly.

However they are implementing get out of jail cards for money.

I'm just offering suggestions. If i give valve 20+ dollars atleats they can do is reset my low prio que. I;m not a habitual leaver.

Basic Member
    its only a few days, plus you can still play, just with people who also encountered a similar situation

Clear text and very polite but I still think it cant happen.

There will be ppl that ruin games and pay and will still be ruining game (rich ppl that pay everything in every game)
    And if you really love dota 2 the low priority time is not too long

thank you for responding. It's unfortunate it isnt balanced out yet.

no "get-out-of-jail" card.

While I support no get out of low prio card, I can agree to it if there is a time restriction...such as ONLY one usage per year and priced very high.

So you cant just abuse the system if you have money. You can pay and get out of the low prio only once per year.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    While I support no get out of low prio card, I can agree to it if there is a time restriction...such as ONLY one usage per year and priced very high.

So you cant just abuse the system if you have money. You can pay and get out of the low prio only once per year.
    i shouldnt wipe the abandons either. simply remove a fix amount.
    otherwise people might ruin - let's say enough games to get over 1 year of lpq - and simply buy the item and do it again.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage