Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat channels getting closed automatically?!

Basic Member

Chat channels getting closed automatically?!

When I log into Dota 2, my autoexec chat channels like Southeast Asia 1, Trade Central etc do not open up. In addition, whenever I try to open them manually, they open up, but automatically close and disappear within one second. Also, since closing the party chat channel does not actually remove it, but merely clears chat, the party channel chat gets cleared every second, resulting in party members not being able to chat. This bug has affected not only me, but at least two other people in my friend list, which suggests that a large number of people might be facing this problem. I appeal to the devs to please do something about this quickly, since im my opinion, the game is crippled without chat channels. Thanks.

Basic Member
    same problem here

Basic Member
    same

Basic Member
    I've had this, but I'm also getting all chat channels closing automatically whenever I finish a game. It's really annoying having to rejoin them each time this happens.
    Competitive gaming blog? I have written a Dark Souls Let's Play longer than the longest LotR book.

Basic Member
    Same

Basic Member
    Same problem... Only party chat sometimes works but that too sometimes keeps on deleting what i enter and doesn't show me what other people have typed. One thing to notice is that when this happens the party chat's scroll bar blinks rapidly as if refreshing. I hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Well, they mentioned some 'antispam' measures...
    You see no spam now. That's how Valve does business

PS Same issue, but not exaclty a big problem, since now there is nothing decent to read in those chats anyway...

Basic Member
    So now no one gets to post on the chat channels anymore? Excellent move, Valve.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ganesh3s3 View Post
    So now no one gets to post on the chat channels anymore? Excellent move, Valve.
    ^ +1 .

Basic Member
    We need to Sticky this thread so that the devs notice it and do something about it...