Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug - Templar Assasin with Phantom Lancer (and maybe with Naga Siren)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    What happens in Dota 1:
    We assume Naga has 0 armor and 1 Illusion in line.
    Templar Assasin does 50 damage on illusion.
    400% damage amplify or illusion --> illusion gets 200 damage. Naga herself gets only 50 damage.
    Same thing would have happened if Naga was hit and not illusion.

What happens in Dota 2:
    You hit illusion it deals 200 damage. 200 damage is transferred to your naga as well!
    You hit naga it deals 50 damage. Illusion suffer 50 damage.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post293893

Read the thread carefully, please.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    If I may add my 10 cents.

I tested this in Dota 2 with TA and Kunkka against Silithice, and this is how it goes :
    1. If Kunkka hits Illusion with Tidebringer, given illusions takes less damage than other illusions in range (which I lack knowledge to explain why) and original Silithice takes normal splash damage (i.e. not increased like in case of illusions)
    2. If Kunkka hits original Silithice with Tidebringer she takes normal damage while illusions around take enhanced damage.

3. If TA hits Original Silithice, Illusions behind in a line take that damage * Illusions damage taken increase.
    4. If TA hits Illusion, Original Silithice takes same damage as illusion hit, while other illusions in line get damage increased again.

3 and 4 are same as in posted Dota 1 test outcome and I personally find it unfair compared to other kinds of damage spread. While obviously making for interesting mechanics of TA vs Illusion based heroes, being capable of anihilating entire teams because of lucky align and illusion placement is a bit too much even for Dota.

I believe it should work in similar way to Tidebringer or just splash, i.e. if unit is not suppoed to take multiplied damage (because it is not debuffed nor is an illusion) it will not take it. This ouf course does not apply if unit is under effect of damage-increasing spells, so if Lanaya hits someone under effect of Soul Catcher, other units should take increased damage as well, but Illusions should be out of equasion for that.

I.E. my points 3 and 4 would look as following :

3*. If TA hits Original Silithice, Illusions behind in a line take that damage * Illusions damage taken increase.
    4*. If TA hits Illusion, Original Silithice takes less damage than illusion hit (damage being equal to what Silithice would receive if she was original target), while other illusions in line receive same damage as the illusion being hit.
    Last edited by Tokagero; 07-23-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Basic Member
    ^why do u compare cleave (tidebringer) with pai blades? they work in totally different ways. seriously if u dont understand the mechanics, dont mess the discussion up. (oh, my bad, this post is not closed because ppl dont understand the mechanics, fair enough)
    Last edited by Eric37073; 07-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    ^why do u compare cleave (tidebringer) with pai blades? they work in totally different ways. seriously if u dont understand the mechanics, dont mess the discussion up. (oh, my bad, this post is not closed because ppl dont understand the mechanics, fair enough)
    Actually this discussion really is about whether it should be considered a bug or not (and for now, it is not). If it was just about mechanics, that can be discussed at playdota.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    ^ok...fine. i just think it is not fair to compare cleave with psi blades.

^ok...fine. i just think it is not fair to compare cleave with psi blades.
    No, i mean you're right, this isn't about a comparison between cleave and psi blade mechanics. This is just about psi blades.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H8lix View Post
    Bug confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GuQKX2hLKV8

It doesn't do the same damage to the hero.

I can't believe that some people can't agree how imbalanced this bug is...
    Balanced games makes the game much more competitive, like Starcraft 2, they're always fixing and balancing the game for EVERYBODY (they balance the game for all leagues: Bronze, Gold, etc...)

ps: thanks lunatic3k
    that video confirms that psi blades works in dota2 exactly same way as it works in wc3 (only 1st target damage is spilled and amplified)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    No, i mean you're right, this isn't about a comparison between cleave and psi blade mechanics. This is just about psi blades.
    I just added Tidebringer comparison so that there is what to compare that is currently in Dota 2 and is similar in terms of usage. Psi Blades of course is different and stronger in different areas, but as comparison shows, it's insanely powerful against Illusion based heroes , whereas Cleave/Tidebringer is "normal" against everyone.

This is not a bug, this has been confirmed, but this is subject to change, thus I made my point that it should be reworked to more expectable level.

Basic Member
    ^arcane orb is insanely powerful against illusion based heroes. change it. stone gaze is insa... fatal bond is...
    ok. i will be more serious.
    only two things about psi blades in dota 1 is broken: 1. with good timing, it can splash damage not from auto-attack.(dagon and purge damage to summoned unit) 2. It cannot splash meld bonus damage.

Basic Member
    ^arcane orb is insanely powerful against illusion based heroes. change it. stone gaze is insa... fatal bond is...
    ok. i will be more serious.
    only two things about psi blades in dota 1 is broken: 1. with good timing, it can splash damage not from auto-attack.(dagon and purge damage to summoned unit) 2. It cannot splash meld bonus damage.
    I didn't mean that ability is insanely powerful in destroying illusions, there are tools for that. I meant that with some luck/positing TA can abuse Psi Blades spill and deal greatly increased damage to enemy hero, penalising them for having illusions, which would be interesting if it wasn't so powerful.

Using spill damage to reach enemy hero and damage him = great
    Using spill damage to abuse % increase damage on unit to hit hero for increased damage (% increase due to Soul Catcher for example) = great
    Using spill damage on unit that takes increased damage because it's illusion to hit hero for damage equal to that delt to illusion = issue