Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game got safe to leave and I got 1 abandon while I was not afk

Game got safe to leave and I got 1 abandon while I was not afk

Today a glitch happened for the second time while I was playing dota 2: I was afk for 2 minutes or so, came back, started playing, then suddenly, a system message showed up saying I abandoned the game and it was safe to leave.

Now I'm in low priority matchmaking for 24h.

Thank you

Match Id: 28133048

Basic Member
    there are some issues atm with the afk detection.
    would you tell us the time when you got the abandon and the kind of action you were currently doing (roshing, stacking, etc)?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

At 22:15 started playing again, and at 22:47 I got the abandon.

I would really appreciate if this condition was taken off. It's unfair to me and my friends, who won't gain battle points and will do low priority matchmaking as well for one day.

Exclamation

I just got into a team of leavers because of this low priority condition. PLEASE, take it off. I spent a whole load of money in this game, playing like this is annoying. Such a slow feedback from the developers makes me really disappointed.

Basic Member
    You are afk at the fountain starting at 16:54 and the next move you do is 22:18
    there are 2 pause in but not for a whole minute. At 22:47 you are marked as gone. Seems right. Team needed one more pause or you needed a tp mid to gain some exp to not get marked

Quote Originally Posted by abc0815 View Post
    You are afk at the fountain starting at 16:54 and the next move you do is 22:18
    there are 2 pause in but not for a whole minute. At 22:47 you are marked as gone. Seems right. Team needed one more pause or you needed a tp mid to gain some exp to not get marked
    Not right to me. AFK - Away from keyboard. I wasn't afk when I got the abandon, I was playing. Makes no sense to me spending 135 gold to bribe the game into believing I'm not moving magically. From 16:54 to 22:15, there are 5:21. The game was paused for more than 20 seconds.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RjQuery View Post
    Not right to me. AFK - Away from keyboard. I wasn't afk when I got the abandon, I was playing. Makes no sense to me spending 135 gold to bribe the game into believing I'm not moving magically. From 16:54 to 22:15, there are 5:21. The game was paused for more than 20 seconds.
    So you are counting second while i have to search for the moments since you did not bother to give a time when you left? The timestamp you gave was all in your favor. But no worry i am making breakfast and gonna count now.

Basic Member
    you have 1 minute and 9 seconds of pause. The long "afk" goes for close to 4 minutes. Add the rest of the time you don't get XP and at 22:48 its 5 minutes. Besides that at this point you are the lowest level and had solo mid.

Duno what you told your team since replay has only all chat and judging from that nobody knows what is going on with you.