Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Change the color of skill-based illusions according to hero color scheme

[Suggestion] Change the color of skill-based illusions according to hero color scheme

Basically, just like with Phantom Lancer, I would suggest changing the color of the illusions based on the heroes' color schemes so as to let players (especially the one controlling the hero) easily differentiate skill-based illusions from regular ones. I believe this would be very useful especially since some illusions are actually stronger than the regular ones (Chaos Knight's come to mind, as they deal the highest percentage-based damage of all the illusions.)

Chaos Knight: Orange
    Naga Siren: Teal
    Morphling: Cyan
    Shadow Demon: Purple
    Spectre: Pink

Edit: As I've mentioned later in this thread, knowing between regular illusions and skill-based illusions would be very useful in specific scenarios. Here is an example (let's assume all illusions were 1 hit away from getting killed and Omniknight had to heal the right one to let Morphling switch places):

Last edited by Bleako; 07-25-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Nothing to add. +1

Basic Member
    Great suggestion

Basic Member
    Great idea!

Basic Member
    No for morphling, siren and shadow demon. Default illusion color is already blue.
    Spectre, Morphling and SD's illusions are already obvious in their nature from their duration clocks. No need for color indicators.
    The CK suggestion makes sense, but i mean, his illusions already get carried around with him when he uses his blink spell..

Quote Originally Posted by glacial View Post
    No for morphling, siren and shadow demon. Default illusion color is already blue.
    Spectre, Morphling and SD's illusions are already obvious in their nature from their duration clocks. No need for color indicators.
    The CK suggestion makes sense, but i mean, his illusions already get carried around with him when he uses his blink spell..
    Leaving gameplay aside, they still look more visually appealing than the average illusion. Which is a fine reason to implement this.
    Last edited by Irrelevante; 07-25-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Basic Member
    +1

Red for CK would look better with his ability icons. Otherwise, epic

Basic Member
    only to the player controling and its team though....no enemies.
    +1

Greatest suggestion ever, please Valve implement this!
    Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.