Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 25/07 Item Changes - My feedback

Arrow 25/07 Item Changes - My feedback

Some icons were changed for the better, some for the worse.
    The icons I won't mention were either not changed or are looking better.

Icons that just look bad:

• Vanguard: bad contrast against the backgorund, looks like it was thrown into Photoshop, someone applied some high contrast filters and called it a day. Needs some work
    • Magic Wand: the rounded thing on the top looks worse than how it looked before
    • Satanic: could use better contrast against the backgorund
    • Assault Cuirass: looks much less uninspired. I believe it's the palette. It doesn't work as well as it did before
    • Sange: could use better contrast against the backgorund
    • Armlet: just not a very good design even though it IS an armlet now; could use better contrast against the backgorund
    • Wards: wards aren't made of Play-Doh
    • Bottle: looks slightly oversaturated (filled ones are great though)
    • Blade of Alacrity: it looked oh so much better in the previous icon, was a way more interesting design composition-wise
    • Blink Dagger: perspective looks really weird
    • Shadow Blade: looks like a purple dragon dildo
    • Couriers: the background is too bright, and the couriers themselves don't look very interesting either

Personal taste:

• BKB: I feel like the red doesn't work very well with the palette, and just feels unnecessary
    • Poor Man's Shield: the previous design was more interesting, and still fit the role
    • Sheepstick: that's not a very good silhouette / palette synergy
    • Chainmail: the texture just doesn't feel right... maybe it should be just slightly lighter?
    • Drum of Endurance: I feel like the previous icon was a bit lighter on the eyes, with less saturation, and had a better perspective... might just have to take my time getting used to it though
    • Staff of Wizardry: the previous icon looked more... magical? This one feels like it's a little dull
    Last edited by Inacio; 07-25-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inacio View Post
    Personal taste:
    I chuckled at this part of your post. Considering your entire post is "Your personal taste" and "Opinion." With that said, I disagree with pretty much everything, except the Vanguard. It needs work. The items have a dulled look to them now.. They fit the aesthetics of the game much better now.

Basic Member
    wahh change i want my purple blanket back NOW mom

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlpower23 View Post
    I chuckled at this part of your post. Considering your entire post is "Your personal taste" and "Opinion." With that said, I disagree with pretty much everything, except the Vanguard. It needs work. The items have a dulled look to them now.. They fit the aesthetics of the game much better now.
    And is that not just your opinion as well? The way we want items to look will always be personal opinion, it's about compromising to make icons that will suit mostly everyone.

I agree with most of OP's post (though I think it could use some better critiques).

man! why keep changing? please
    I agree with #1

Basic Member
    I agree with u +1!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlpower23 View Post
    I meant "oh hey i really am not basing this on anything but the fact that i just dont like it and i cant explain why" which is not what I did on the others

Also Void stone is currently bugged, it has white border on its side, like they didn't "cut it off" well
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    Not feeling the new Vanguard.

I don't like the new Vanguard, Shadow Blade, Blink Dagger, Assault Cuirass, Armlet, Wards and Bottle. The rest of the icons are ok.