Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I do not like the inclusion of memes in this game.

Basic Member
    Disagree, memes are very good part, they making the game more... Kind of closer to us may be.

Basic Member
    There's absolutely no need to go with internet memes for that. The vast majority of people won't get it because it's an insular in-joke, and those who 'gets it' is probably tired to death of it by now.

Reference to movie lines like 'you shall not pass/cast' is great already. Making jokes in-universe is also good such as 'I am a potato'.

This is just an abomination and hearing talented voice actors say such bad lines is such a tragedy.

Basic Member
    I've not noticed any, really. There's meme lines? >,>

Only one I can think of is Kunkka's failboat line, but truth be told I kinda like that. He's not the time to take a failure so seriously.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasielll View Post
    Disagree, memes are very good part, they making the game more... Kind of closer to us may be.
    I would prefer not being a part of this clique you are talking about.

Memes really have no place in DotA in my opinion. I always though it went for a more serious tone and not the silly route that, let's say, League of Legends took.

Basic Member
    Internet meme lines are awful, get rid of them.

The Herp Derp, Epic Fail and Failboat lines are all disgusting.

Should get rid of them.

Basic Member
    I don't mind "You shall not pass" type of meme since they don't spoil the feeling the game gives

But "Herp derp" or simliar totally ruins the mood in the game

Get rid of this shit

Quote Originally Posted by blindsniper View Post
    Nitpicker. Memes don't ruin the game. No one has ever been bothered by them in this game, as they are very rare.
    That simply isn't true.

Meh, the game is not serious anyway. Herp derp Dirge is a strange idea, but who cares, I'll get used to it. Assuming I'll ever touch the Visage.

Don't touch my Failboat or I'll bite.

This is not a real issue. The real issue is with all female voices and how alike (and, in some cases, identical) many of them are.

Basic Member
    I don't think Failboat, You shall not pass or Epic Fail are that bad (even though Epic Fail is pretty much on the borderline), but Herp derp is just too much. Even though this is a game, heroes aren't supposed to be the white knights of the Internet.
    The other lines have atleast some content reference (Kunkka's boat fails etc.), but simply because "Dirge" is a "derpy" word and he was killed, the hero should instantly say "Herp derp" to him? No thanks.