Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Change armlet back please

An armlet is supposed to be an extension to the arm. A bracer is a more fitting extension to the arm than a glove which fits on to the hand and not the arm. The depiction of armlet has been incorrect for a long time until now.

Basic Member
    why can't you leave good ideas ?I don't think anyone complained about it.Even Dota1 players liked it ,it looks more like in w3.
    Newer !=better

New one is much much better.

Basic Member
    this one is better
    armlet.png

Basic Member
    Well, in terms of making sense, the new one fits better.

But the old one was just badass looking, esp with the open/closed fist.

Basic Member
    The old Armlet was much better. Perhaps not as detailed as the new one, but that could've easily been changed without removing the fist.

I do like the light/spikes on the current one when it's activated, but that's about it. If they could be put on the back of the old icon's fist, I would be happy.

An armlet is supposed to be an extension to the arm. A bracer is a more fitting extension to the arm than a glove which fits on to the hand and not the arm. The depiction of armlet has been incorrect for a long time until now.
    And Rapier's never looked anything close to a rapier. Claymore's got a single-handed grip. Javelin's head is too wide to be a javelin any more. Boots of Elvenskin are armguards. Cuirass now shows more than just torso armour. Poorman's Shield looks quite expensive with so much iron. Chainmail now looks like scalemail. Blink Dagger looks far too thick to be a dagger. Gauntlets now look as if the thumb's immobilised.

Plenty more depictions have been made inaccurate, or simply haven't been "fixed", by the updated icons, so that argument isn't worth much. Even assuming they were, accuracy isn't a priority issue; what's important is that items are instantly recognisable. Armlet has always been a vicious-looking glove, and to change that is risking quite a bit of unrest from the community.

Besides, an armlet doesn't necessarily have to be limited to just the arm. It's completely possible to represent one with the gauntlet built in, which is how people who've noticed the armlet/glove discrepancy imagined it anyway.
    Last edited by Monsterlord; 07-27-2012 at 04:53 AM.

A bracer is a armlet, an armlet is a bracer on your top half of your arm.
    And it looks better now. since it actually makes sence now. it wasnt glove of mordiggian.

Basic Member
    Honestly I liked the clenched fist a lot more. Not only did it look cooler, it was much, much more recognizable. I don't care about items making sense, and I doubt any of you did before the change. It's weird to me that they got rid of the hand considering that was the only consistent thing about the item (http://www.dotastrategy.com/item-103...ordiggian.html).

Quote Originally Posted by wowzzz View Post
    this one is better
    armlet.png
    This idea is good, though.
    Last edited by gordongriest; 07-27-2012 at 05:10 AM.

No one liked the old one when it was first introduced, but everyone likes it now when its gone.

I think the new one is fine really. Contrary to what the poster above me says, the new ones is more recognizable to me, once you disregard familiarity with the old one.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    No one liked the old one when it was first introduced, but everyone likes it now when its gone.
    Yup.
    People are going to cry about new items and then when they change them, they will cry that the old items were awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow