Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Cuiras wtf

It's not about the colouring of the item itself. That's fine. But the light blue glow around it indicates a "cold" effect, eg slowing (see Shivas Guard). It should be a red glow for minus armor.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosephski View Post
    It's green because it's made with a hyperstone that is a similar color. Its coloring should not be changed.
    I love that, I hope they do more of this, making items look like what they are made of

The old one looked way more badass.
    One world is much like another

It's not a cuirass anymore

Basic Member
    I like the new one. I just dislike how it tapers at the bottom and its color. Green doesn't make me think "attack speed". Green makes me think of life, health, vitality, and lifesteal. Red, however, would. The background's also "eh?". I wish they would take more inspiration from the Warcraft 3 cuirass.

Basic Member
    I whole heartily disagree.

The new icon puts a much better contrast into the AC. First, the blue/green colors remind the Hyperstone that is part of the AC. The spiked shoulders reminds the armor debuff aura it provides(as well as reminds much more the WC3 assault cuirass). The Blue aura reminds the +5 armor buff for allied heroes(like ring of basillius, for instance). Old icon was incredibly dull and boring compared to the new, more detailed one.

Compare them:

New one looks much more like the AC I'm used to, compared to the golden non-spiked one.

Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    I like the new one. I just dislike how it tapers at the bottom and its color. Green doesn't make me think "attack speed". Green makes me think of life, health, vitality, and lifesteal. Red, however, would. The background's also "eh?". I wish they would take more inspiration from the Warcraft 3 cuirass.
    Funny, I always had green = Attack Speed(Agility), Red = Life(Strength) and Blue = Mana(Inteligence)

>edit
    Although I suppose the arms should be removed. It's a Cuirass after all, not a full Plate Armor.
    Last edited by Zephirdd; 07-26-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Basic Member
    I let it sink in a bit, and i think its the blue glow that is the most distracting :s

Basic Member
    old one is better no matter what

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Veinyo View Post
    old one is better no matter what
    Sometimes you need to reach a compromise, you can't always have it the way you want, and it isnt always for the better either.

Basic Member
    new one is much better , just change background for old