Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Original Dota items in Dota2

Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    It's so easy to cheat with it. For example, i could swap every tree model while a little dot so i could easily see every single juke spot. I could add a ring around the tower models so i could see the exact range of the tower.

Hell, what about putting a ring around pudge's model with the hook range so i never get hooked by him?
    VAC cant detect content hacks, that's it. You can learn how it works here.

Basic Member
    VAC IS disabled for now in dota 2
    so if someone says its banable you guys may be carefull and better to move it in playdota.com forums somewhere mods i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by SoJa View Post
    VAC cant detect content hacks, that's it. You can learn how it works here.
    Because it doesn't really matter in other valve games, but in dota 2 this is very critical (You could wallhack in tf2 by changing material files, but have you noticed how you can't use custom skins/models/sounds in dota by putting them on the game's folder? They probably want to avoid this kind of thing, and this software is everything against it)

(Also, why link wikipedia and not valve's articles itself?)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    Because it doesn't really matter in other valve games, but in dota 2 this is very critical (You could wallhack in tf2 by changing material files, but have you noticed how you can't use custom skins/models/sounds in dota by putting them on the game's folder? They probably want to avoid this kind of thing, and this software is everything against it)
    You cant use custom content by putting them on game's folder because vpk system doesnt support it for some reason, that was a problem when l4d came out too.
    Last edited by SoJa; 07-27-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoJa View Post
    You cant use custom content by putting them on game's folder because vpk system doesnt support it for some reason, that was a problem when l4d came out too.
    That explains then. Still, i think they will end up doing something to avoid abuse of the software.

Basic Member
    Is it possible to create your own set of icons? I would love to use a couple of original DOTA2 item icons instead of some current ones. Rapier, blink and magic wand immediately come to mind...

Exclamation

Guys, I need help. How to uninstall this? Original items are so awkward in Dota 2 when I test this. Pls response. TY :|

HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS?

Why would anyone want to use the old icons? They suck in comparison with the new.

Basic Member
    looks like shit. why would anyone use those icons.