Thread: [Suggestion] Visage problem - Soul Assumption charges

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Visage problem - Soul Assumption charges

Visage has always been one of my favourite heroes and although I'm not a fan of the remake I'm getting used to it. And btw, the hero model is bloody awesome. However I have noticed something.

The Soul Assumption counter is an absolute nightmare to keep hold of. The problem is that you need to use it at 6 counters in order to get the most bang for your buck, and so you have to watch the SA counter constantly. However, this isn't possible when you're fighting in big battles, chasing heroes, etc. It is simply not possible to do these things properly and keep Visage on screen as well, and not only keep him on screen but keep the area directly above him on screen where the counter is (it's not actually on his model, but above it). Anyone that thinks it is possible is a noob who doesn't check the immediate area around them for threats etc. During a team battle or gank chase, I rarely have my camera looking directly on my hero.

Quite simply, if you can't keep track of SA counters because of a UI fail, then the hero is not working properly.

Suggestions:

1) have the counters change the SA icon somehow to indicate the strength of the spell. For example, it could change colour according to the number of charges.

2) have visage make some sort of sound when SA reaches 6 counters, like a roar or something.

I thought of a better solution. I often end up with visage being out of my line of sight during fights, so i can't keep track of my Soul Assumption. It would be better to include the counting on the players HUD, above the health bar just at the place where 2nd skill is placed on the bar. It would also be good to include "D" skill being summons stun, also including hit counter above the health bar on our HUD.

Basic Member
    Isnt there an icon on the buff slot over the hp bar? if not i would suggest that.
    Playing a sound wont help anything because with all the effects on the screen happening you cant really be sure that you hear the sound and will check manually anyways

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetlePunk View Post
    I thought of a better solution. I often end up with visage being out of my line of sight during fights, so i can't keep track of my Soul Assumption. It would be better to include the counting on the players HUD, above the health bar just at the place where 2nd skill is placed on the bar.
    Sure, that works too. Anything but what the system is now.
    Last edited by Yosharian; 07-27-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetlePunk View Post
    I thought of a better solution. I often end up with visage being out of my line of sight during fights, so i can't keep track of my Soul Assumption. It would be better to include the counting on the players HUD, above the health bar just at the place where 2nd skill is placed on the bar. It would also be good to include "D" skill being summons stun, also including hit counter above the health bar on our HUD.
    Yes to a UI indicator, no to a UI button for summons. That crosses the line between engine and balance changes.

Just give it a counter above his head like in dota 1 that visually shows the number of charges but only to him and his allies. Problem solved.

Basic Member
    didn't the dota 1 visage have a bar indicator for soul assumption? why not just use that?

Quote Originally Posted by tortoos View Post
    Just give it a counter above his head like in dota 1 that visually shows the number of charges but only to him and his allies. Problem solved.
    -1. You have no idea what's the problem what so ever.