Thread: [Suggestion] Show how many times played with, near players at map load list

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Show how many times played with, near players at map load list

Not sure how feasible this is. But if it is cool enough perhaps Valve can figure it out.

This would be some sort of small symbol that appeared next to player portrait/name at the loading screen and probably/maybe in the same place when you pull up the player information during a game. This symbol would have a number displayed in it as well.

Basically this number that's displayed will represent the number of times you have played with or against this person (as one total number). Or it could specify times against vs times on the same team. If it did maybe it could look like "7/12" or something.

Some sort of system could be designed that databased these occurrences. You could then also view these reappearing peoples profiles and in their games history you could see a star (or whatever the symbol, mentioned earlier, ends up being minus the number count) next to the games that you played with them.

This idea came to me when I was reflecting on how sometimes I recognize names I've played against before. To me this is exciting and often I'll strike up conversation with them. But I often wonder how many names I just don't remember because of the sheer number of players one plays with. It would be cool after months of playing and being like "wow me and this guy have played like 7 games together just by random chance". Perhaps this could generate a bit more social interaction which engages people. Perhaps other players will enjoy this feature, be amused by running into old friends or a nemesis', and perhaps find more people they want to add to their friends list to play with later.

Idk just a thought. Sorry if this is a bit discombobulated or poorly written it's very late for me.

Please discuss this freely with me. I would love to hear honest thoughts about the feasibility and possible benefits this idea might have. Thanks for reading. :)

+1 I like the idea.

Basic Member

Show how many times played with, near players at map load list

as title says, sometimes I recognize nicks ally/enemy I play them without knowing them, would be nice to see how many times I played with them

Basic Member
    coincidence we made same topic same day

Basic Member
    Glad others are having similar thoughts.

Basic Member
    +1 from me.
    even though this might lead to pregame flaming in some cases. (i know a few people, with whom i have never/rarely won with and never/rarely lost against. but in those cases, i am pretty good with names anyway.)
    but i still see a good benefit in this.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panter_d17 View Post
    the thread you quoted is about your friends.
    the op is talking about people in his current match.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

"when we see other player's dota profile" he refers to all players as far as i understood it, i also had that thread linked to sticky with mockup that looks like things new threads suggests ) Will add this one as well since they have different locations for numbers.

Basic Member
    +1