Thread: [Confirmed] item destruction inconsistency

Basic Member

[Confirmed] item destruction inconsistency

In dota1, items had a set "hp". Early game it took 2 hits to destroy an item, and once your damage increased to a certain point, items would be destroyed in a single hit.

In dota2, items are destroyed with a single hit, period.

This is minor, but it occurred to me after watching a VOD in which a player baited the opposing solo mid into tower-diving by dropping off his bottle from the courier on the ground in front of his tower. The enemy player was unsuccessful because he needed 2 attacks to destroy the bottle instead of just one.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Also rapier appears to be completely indestructible while it's supposed to just have a ton of hp.

Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    Also rapier appears to be completely indestructible while it's supposed to just have a ton of hp.
    NO it is not.But it has like 99999999999hp cuse I tested this in a test game So i took like 20 traxes and put 6 devines each on them and started to attack the devine and I tabbed down for 2-3 mins and checked and it was destroyed xD

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hankey View Post
    NO it is not.But it has like 99999999999hp cuse I tested this in a test game So i took like 20 traxes and put 6 devines each on them and started to attack the devine and I tabbed down for 2-3 mins and checked and it was destroyed xD
    I know it works in WC3, but in Dota 2 it just says "Target Can't Be Attacked" after buying a rapier and dropping it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    I know it works in WC3, but in Dota 2 it just says "Target Can't Be Attacked" after buying a rapier and dropping it.
    Well, i call that an intended fix...
    if you give something 99999999999hp, its quite obvious you don't want it to be destroyed.