Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Backdoor protection not activating

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Backdoor protection not activating

Alright so there's been many reports about this but generally it's because people don't quite understand how BD prot works. However in this case, even though I understand the dota1 mechanics for checks, corpses activating it, other lanes activating it and so on, I feel there's a huge issue.

Here is the match ID and timestamp of the first BD:
    dota2://matchid=29469479&matchtime=2129

Now this is 10secs before it happens, note that all lanes are pushed way past the BD protection trigger areas, all base towers are at full hp. 10secs later, Tiny rez, Wisp TPs in with him and they rape the tower down to 10% hp. However at no point the BD prot activate, even though it lasts more than 5secs and no health returns to the tower after they leave, besides the normal regen.

Second rax:
    dota2://matchid=29469479&matchtime=2326
    Now there were creeps in the trigger area about 10secs before so that should prevent the tower from regenerating due to corpses, however they also take the rax without any regen. Tiny even hits top rax once and this never regens even though BD prot should have kicked in a while before. Note all other lanes are decently pushed so no creeps around.

I tried checking in practice if it was because of wisp spirits or wisp ultimate but it didn't seem so. I might be missing something so feel free to correct me but in this case, this felt very wrong even with the quirky mechanics BD prot uses. Also for bug finding I think BD prot should have different icons when clicking the tower: BD prot activated when no creeps around and when a creep runs in and removes it, it shows it's deactivated. Should be ally/spec only.
    Last edited by Pyros; 07-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.

seems strange, BP should turn on,

Basic Member
    confirmed and added to sticky.

before bd#1

after bd#1

bd#2
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Your screen are reversed and misnumbered(that's BD #2 and BD #3, BD#1 is on bot rax where the link leads to) but yeah ^^. Hadn't even checked the mid rax cause I thought this one was actually legit but guess not. So basically BD prot failed on all 3 rax. No dominated creep shenanigans too so not sure what happened.

Basic Member
    didnt get those links to work for me yet and those were the best fitting examples i discovered.
    the "backdoor" of the bottom rax could have been a minor difference in triggerboxes, so i prefered to list the 100% bugs.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Basic Member
    Hmm for bot I meant the tower, not the rax itself. When they first TP in and get the tower down to 10%, there's no creep anywhere close and haven't been for over 20seconds(they're past the T2 tower areas on all lanes), and they take down the tower to 10% with no regen at all on it, over an entire wisp ulti duration, 12secs. After that yeah I think there were creeps fairly close so it could have been turned off at that point, that's cool. It's the first link thingie, you put that in your browser and it should load dota, dl the replay and move you exactly at the right time, but guess it doesn't work for every browers.

Anyway yeah don't really know what was up with this game but basically there wasn't any BD prot all game as far as I could tell, creeps or not. Maybe it got turned off due to something? Time? Pauses?

Basic Member
    there were creeps directly in front of the base on the toplane, when they took the bottom tower.

Basic Member
    I didn't say when they took it, but when they first started backdooring. 31:40 ingame.

dota 2012-07-31 21-19-39-71.jpg

Basic Member
    oh, i didnt see that one.

Basic Member
    I saw it yesterday, NP with treants entered the base and BDed easily our tower.

Their creeps nowhere in range.