Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what is wrong with this report system?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiCedriNkeR View Post
    when i'm ganged without ss i say 'thx for no ss team'
    Then let's ask Eric, I enjoy it everytime when he exposes people as flamers and liars.
    I hope I won't get disappointed

I got reported by assholes for no reason and never got into Low prio.

I also used to report around 15-20 person DAILY for spamming in chat and for trading commendations. (Now with commend change, only 10-15 daily for spamming. :P ) Now and then I got the "we have taken action" notice but not always.

I suspect, that you need a minimum amount of reports in a given time period to get into low automatically. Like, when my whole team reported someone for insulting or something, I always got the "we taken action" note next day, but if only I reported someone, never.

However, few days ago I got two electricity outage (only one second each, but IMPOSSIBLE to get back under 5 mins with both Steam and Dota being slow like a lame snail on weed) which scored me two abandons even though I got back and finished the games, and after the second I found a warning being in Low prio for 24 DAMN HOURS! Which is, well, a fair punishment for stupid leavers. But I didn't leave intentionally...
    Last edited by Storm; 08-01-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    However, few days ago I got two electricity outage (only one second each, but IMPOSSIBLE to get back under 5 mins with both Steam and Dota being slow like a lame snail on weed) which scored me two abandons even though I got back and finished the games, and after the second I found a warning being in Low prio for 24 DAMN HOURS! Which is, well, a fair punishment for stupid leavers. But I didn't leave intentionally...
    Fucking exactly what I've been saying and it's not even 24 hours, it was 48 for me and I still have 50 minutes to go while I am typing this even though it's been TWO WHOLE NIGHTS NOW. So basically the game has been ruined for me for 2 whole days and I don't want to play with low priority douchebags so pretty much locked out of the game for 2 days.

This is just insane! Fix this Valve!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Fucking exactly what I've been saying and it's not even 24 hours, it was 48 for me and I still have 50 minutes to go while I am typing this even though it's been TWO WHOLE NIGHTS NOW. So basically the game has been ruined for me for 2 whole days and I don't want to play with low priority douchebags so pretty much locked out of the game for 2 days.

This is just insane! Fix this Valve!
    Fix your Electricity problems then!!
    I simply DO NOT WANT to play with people who have frequent connection issues! You don't get low prio for "1 time within 100 games" or such, you get it for multiple abandons within a short time, which is just an IMPUDENCE towards people like me and others who never have such issues.
    It's simply not fair that people who frequently destroy games due to "unintentional" abandons are playing with people who don't have such problems and are then allowed to ruin our games.
    Damnit, so many of my games got ruined by ***** pinoys with stupid connection issues, power outrages and what not. Yes, they didn't leave intentionally. Yet they destroyed my game, wasted all my time. For me it's even worse than the intentional leavers, because those mostly only leave when they have reason to (i.e. the game looks already bad for you), while you guys are turning a game that looked brilliant for us into a nightmare.
    <- Mad.

Basic Member
    Fix your electricity problems? Really? Fix your tsunami problems! I simply do NOT want to play with asians that have frequent earthquakes and power outages, I just don't. Once every couple weeks one of you disconnects unintentionally and it just makes me so MAD. 10 minutes of my life, wasted!

How can I deal with your infrequent crashes, bloody hell you should be put into low priority for 2 whole days with no stats and other douchebags just like yourself because you ruined one game. Damn you Typhox!

How have none of you figured this out? The shitty system automatically places you in low queue if you have enough reports from one game. So in other words-- people can gang report you and put you in low queue.

GJ cheating your user base out, valve.

Banned
    Fix your electricity problems? Really? Fix your tsunami problems! I simply do NOT want to play with asians that have frequent earthquakes and power outages, I just don't. Once every couple weeks one of you disconnects unintentionally and it just makes me so MAD. 10 minutes of my life, wasted!

How can I deal with your infrequent crashes, bloody hell you should be put into low priority for 2 whole days with no stats and other douchebags just like yourself because you ruined one game. Damn you Typhox!
    Liar!

I don't have any power outrages at all here.
    When there is a Tsunami Warning, unlike you, I'm not playing Dota!
    Besides that it's not really a problem to have one guy disconnecting every couple of weeks. Currently it's 2 every game on average (most of them return in time luckily).

Quote Originally Posted by luckycandies View Post
    How have none of you figured this out? The shitty system automatically places you in low queue if you have enough reports from one game. So in other words-- people can gang report you and put you in low queue.
    People gang report me all the time. I'm not in low priority.
    In other words, whatever you said, it must be false.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    People gang report me all the time. I'm not in low priority.
    In other words, whatever you said, it must be false.
    That's easily tested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Typhox/

Watch -> Recent -> Filter -> Name: Typhox -> report

Let's see how many it takes before he sings a different tune on these forums.

And you play puck? That's a reason to report right there, yup, this report/abandon system is totally not abusive. All hail Valve for bringing us such a fair game.
    Last edited by Mystery; 08-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    That's easily tested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Typhox/

Watch -> Recent -> Filter -> Name: Typhox -> report

Let's see how many it takes before he sings a different tune on these forums.

And you play puck? That's a reason to report right there, yup, this system is totally not abusive. All hail Valve for bringing us such a fair game.
    Go ahead!
    Report me for Text Abuse.

I'm living on the border anyway. Harassing my team mates when I get angry. Although I'm careful most of the time, I strongly increased my arrogance over time.
    In other words, I don't care if I go in LPQQ for a few ours, it would only show me that I should be more careful in what I'm writing. No problem for me.
    Last edited by Typhox; 08-01-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I don't care if I go in LPQQ for a few days
    Fixed.