Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: disconnecting at the load screen in matchmaking

Basic Member

disconnecting at the load screen in matchmaking

hi

i think its an issue that you can disconnect after you load into a game and force the game to remake

i see it happen a lot where if people are on unfavorable teams they'll disconnect after they load and force the other 9 people in the game to waste the 2 minutes of loading as well as 2 queues worth of waiting

i suggest something of a penalty if this happens (maybe like 30 minutes you can't queue) since sometimes it might be due to someone's internet or computer, but i think this is more abused than it is utilized the right way

Banned
    made this thread, no one cares

Basic Member
    Did they not add this in last patch? I know there's a penalty for not readying up.

edit: You can't see player stats anyway. The only way you can consider yourself on an unfavorable team is if you have teammates with < 5 wins or something..

Banned
    or if you recognize the people you're playnig against on the load screen....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomReturns View Post
    or if you recognize the people you're playnig against on the load screen....
    The playerbase is huge, Ive never recognized more than one or two people. IMO that is a trivial minority of cases..

Basic Member
    I played with 2 people that were horrible and blamed everyone else. Muted and reported them, but I've been matched with the same people at least 5 times. Quitting at the load screen is the only way around this until Valve allows you to blacklist people you don't want to be matched with.

Also you do have to wait 3 minutes if you quit, but I'd rather wait 3 minutes than play with them for 30.

Basic Member
    I've done this once when I saw that I had two ignored people on my team, tough luck. I don't see how it can be fixed, if the game doesn't actually start it's unfair to give out abandons. Maybe stop them queuing up for a game for 5 mins like if they decline.

Basic Member
    at the high end of the matchmaking bracket u run into the same people on both teams very often

just from recognition its generally easy to tell how hard or easy ur game will be as soon as u see whos on ur team

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stereodic View Post
    I've done this once when I saw that I had two ignored people on my team, tough luck. I don't see how it can be fixed, if the game doesn't actually start it's unfair to give out abandons. Maybe stop them queuing up for a game for 5 mins like if they decline.
    It already makes you wait 3 minutes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    It already makes you wait 3 minutes.
    yeah but the thing is that you're not declining, you're accepting the game and then once everyone is in the lobby (but before they all load) you disconnect and waste everyone's time

to my knowledge you can do it and then immediatly queue for another game after, since it's happened that i've gotten people that would do it to me 2-3 times in a row

yes, i tend to stack games (oh how deplorable), and i'm not suggesting that people get abandons for load disconnects, but i feel like a simple timer or penalty before you queue again would be suitable to fix this slight problem