Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are the words like that in dota 2

Basic Member

Why are the words like that in dota 2

after i connect to a game the words always become corrupted why? i've tried verifying the game cache and reinstalling but still no luck..

Basic Member
    Can someone help please.... Thanks!

Verify the cache and try checking if the game's language is the same as your Steam language. Better set both to English.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Verify the cache and try checking if the game's language is the same as your Steam language. Better set both to English.
    i've tried verifying ... and both are english... it will only happen only after i join a game.

I have this problem too. It doesn't always occur however: Sometimes it's nearly all the letters in all the places, sometimes it's more like 70% of them, sometimes 30%, and sometimes it looks OK.
    Numbers that show up in the game itself, like lasthit gold, are never affected.
    When only a part of the letters are glitched, it's always the same letters in the same strings, for instance it's 3, 4 and 0 in the game clock; or KharadBanar could become Kh░r░dB░n░r with only the as missing; the exact characters missing are different for each string. Short strings are less prone to the glitch than long ones, e.g. the kill counters/game clock is only rarely affected but things like skill descriptions are prone to the glitch.
    The problem is never present when first starting the client, occuring only when a game loads, starting with the pick screen. On quitting a game and subsequent joins, the problem may become more severe, but it does not get less glitchy.

I hope this more detailed description can help some of the guys at Valve working on it, because it's really irritating.

Basic Member
    Well true.... but sometimes my gold also turn glitchy

Banned
    This happens to me as well

I use Vista 64 bit
    with this videocard if that helps at all
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series

And i have the exact same problem as the OP, as soon as I join a game it does this

Basic Member
    Did you overclock your gfx card?

Basic Member
    Over clock meaning?

I have the same graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500) as well. I have not overclocked it and I am using the latest drivers (I use the steam driver updater).
    My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.