Thread: My iten is compiled, but its not exibithed

Basic Member

Exclamation My iten is compiled, but its not exibithed

Since there is not a area for that kind off doubt, i can't figure out why my itens don't get exibthed. See, here is model in blender:
    errotridente2.pngerrotridente3.png
    here are the textures made with blender and gimp
    tridente2_color.pngtridente2_mask1.pngtridente2_mask2.pngtridente2_normal.png
    and then, the model in dota 2.
    errortridente.png
    What im doing wrong? Its really been confunsing undestanding the workshop requeriments, since the textures requiriments ask you compress all in one file, but there a requiment for 4 files and not a single one clue on how to produce the components of each mask. I understand that its necessary a litle bit knowlegde to produce each one of the models, and its more difficult to produce tutorials for tools that are yet under development. But if you help me in that, im glady go to produce a short tutorial for making itens using blender and gimp. Just give me some direction in this.
    What a man can get from a extinct civilisation : Atlantis' Trident Lost Treasure

Basic Member
    UP!
    What a man can get from a extinct civilisation : Atlantis' Trident Lost Treasure

have you assigned the weapons bones to your weapon?

Basic Member
    Weapon bones? Wich weapons bones? I make this iten without any base model because there is no model of phanton lancer in tecnhical requeriments page. Besides that, the requeriments page don't point the need of include these bone in the weapons and the smd tools create a emprty armature automatically in the model exported. But you think that just add bone in the center of the model and make it parent to all model will be enough? Or there is specfic points where i have to add these bones? There a way to discover these points?

Unhappily, i'm limited to the models disponibilizaded by comunity and valve team, since the sdk needed to extract the models from original files of dota 2 are to large, and i'm dont have more space in my hd.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceiro View Post
    Weapon bones? Wich weapons bones? I make this iten without any base model because there is no model of phanton lancer in tecnhical requeriments page. Besides that, the requeriments page don't point the need of include these bone in the weapons and the smd tools create a emprty armature automatically in the model exported. But you think that just add bone in the center of the model and make it parent to all model will be enough? Or there is specfic points where i have to add these bones? There a way to discover these points?

Unhappily, i'm limited to the models disponibilizaded by comunity and valve team, since the sdk needed to extract the models from original files of dota 2 are to large, and i'm dont have more space in my hd.
    extract the PL model from the live game client and take a look at how it is laid out.

Just a little off topic but I think you should take another look at your model. It is way too thin - when you view that in-game it will look paper thin. You should really base your spear off the existing phantom lancer weapon to get an idea of how it will look. I would suggest thickening the shaft and increasing the sizes of the 'spikes' of your trident.

Basic Member
    extract the PL model from the live game client and take a look at how it is laid out.
    I tried, but i only get models in mdl format. Since i need at least the smd format, i need decompile then. In order to decompile then, i need any sdk based in source engine(aliens swarn, cs:go, cource sdk itselft), But all of then requires 3GB at free space. At minimum, unhaply, i dont have this space availble for now. The only way to get this space is unistalling the dota 2 itself .

Just a little off topic but I think you should take another look at your model. It is way too thin - when you view that in-game it will look paper thin. You should really base your spear off the existing phantom lancer weapon to get an idea of how it will look. I would suggest thickening the shaft and increasing the sizes of the 'spikes' of your trident.
    In fact, this is the second version, the first was more detailed, polished, but the requeriments of dota 2 forced me to change it. Besides that, i make a normal map froma more detaield model, so there no way to see how will really looks like without the correct compiling off the workshop tool.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceiro View Post
    I tried, but i only get models in mdl format. Since i need at least the smd format, i need decompile then. In order to decompile then, i need any sdk based in source engine(aliens swarn, cs:go, cource sdk itselft), But all of then requires 3GB at free space. At minimum, unhaply, i dont have this space availble for now. The only way to get this space is unistalling the dota 2 itself .

In fact, this is the second version, the first was more detailed, polished, but the requeriments of dota 2 forced me to change it. Besides that, i make a normal map froma more detaield model, so there no way to see how will really looks like without the correct compiling off the workshop tool.
    I get that, but without some sdk and viewing tool (alien swarm or cs:go sdk) you cant really get any decent result. You would be leaving too much to chance. Perhaps invest in an external hard disk.

Basic Member
    You can decompile .mdl's into formats Maya, 3ds and blender can read.

Follow this: http://wyksblog.com/getting-started-dota-2-cosmetics/

Basic Member
    I get that, but without some sdk and viewing tool (alien swarm or cs:go sdk) you cant really get any decent result.
    You can decompile .mdl's into formats Maya, 3ds and blender can read.
    I'm actually trying to get more free space, but change the partition is a bit risk so i'm taking back up of my files first, and that will took a while. Its not like theses sdk are too far better than the import viewer of dota 2 itself, i just want too see if the problem is simple of be solved, or not. Or, if the problem its just with me, and the other designer have similar problems.