Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Extra Set of Keys to Current beta testers given out

Basic Member

Surveys have gone out - beta expansion soon! *New blog update!*

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this, but according to the Dota 2 subreddit community surveys have started going out to select users that applied for the beta through the International page.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ding_the_beta/

Hello ******

You recently indicated you want to play Dota2. Before we send the first batch of invites we need to collect a little more information from you about your level of gaming experience and your gaming rig.

To begin the survey go to the machine on which you intend to play Dota2, start Steam and click this link: steam://takesurvey/1/ (if you haven't restarted your Steam client for a few days, you might need to do that before clicking that link).

To install Steam go to http://www.steampowered.com/about

Thank you,

The Dota2 Team
    Does this mean that the beta will be expanding soon? Will any of us existing testers be eligible to snag an extra key, or does the system only send surveys out to people who don't already have Dota 2 bound to their account? I personally haven't received the survey, and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign-up. I even had the news up about the International page / sign-ups at Voodoo Extreme before most other sites.

Edit: I just got the survey, new Blog update too!

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/10/the-sl...-dragon-wakes/

We’ve just finished our first significant expansion of Dota 2 server capacity around the world, and that means it’s time to kick this thing up a notch. Starting this week, we’ll be handing out Dota 2 in increasing volumes. To celebrate, we’re releasing the first part of the official Dota 2 comic, Tales from the Secret Shop.

Once you’ve read today’s part, make sure you fill out the Dota 2 Survey in Steam to secure your place in the upcoming invitations (if you haven’t restarted your Steam client for a few days, you might need to do that before clicking that link). The extra data the survey provides will allow us to ensure we invite a wide spread of players and hardware.

One thing everyone will tell you is that Dota is a game that’s more fun with friends. Because of that, we wanted to make sure everyone we invited could bring a couple of friends – so everyone who receives Dota 2 will be given two extra copies that they can hand out to whomever they’d like. You’ll find your extra copies in the Steam section of your Steam account’s item inventory, and you can use the Steam Trading feature to give them to your friends.
    Holy... two extra invites per tester too!

Update 11/3/11 - Icefrog confirms on page 14 that existing testers get a set of keys in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by IceFrog View Post
    We appreciate all your help in beta testing so far. Over the next few weeks we'll provide existing testers with an extra set of keys.
    Last edited by Ohmwrecker; 11-03-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Basic Member
    hmm I recieved an email too for my other steam account that I applied to the beta with.... interesting...

everyone who receives Dota 2 will be given two extra copies

Does that apply to us, old beta testers as well?

Basic Member
    Couldn't you use the existing thread?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiruX View Post
    hmm I recieved an email too for my other steam account that I applied to the beta with.... interesting...
    Yeah, hopefully someone from Valve can tell us if we're eligible for another key, and / or if our existing Dota 2 beta codes will allow us to give a couple invites away.

Basic Member
    I have received this mail despite the fact that I am already in the beta. (I have only one steam account)

Are we supposed to do the survey as well?

Basic Member
    Yeah, I'd like to know if we get keys aswell. ^__^

That's kinda another matter, isn't it?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    Are we supposed to do the survey as well?
    It probably wouldn't hurt anything, assuming you can get the survey to even open. Mine won't. :P