Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: [AI Suggestion] Create a open API for dota AI players

  1. #21
    This is a great idea, I hope it will be implemented =)

    Also, it'll be good for custom maps (if any ).

    Available for any game

  2. #22
    Basic Member Motanum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Reevenous View Post
    This is a great idea, I hope it will be implemented =)

    Also, it'll be good for custom maps (if any ).
    There will be costum maps

    This makes me think, how much work as a mapper I would have to do? Would I have to do nav's? And tag the areas with information like in L4D2? Ie, marking spots as ward interests, or juking areas?

    But on topic. This is quite a nice idea.
    Motanum's Website
    Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test
    Portal 2 Maps - Motanum's Test 01 | Main Four

    Steam ID

    Like my work? Spare a coin? You can donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum [AT] gmail.com

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I don't want this suggestion to be forgotten!

    I'm a M.S. seeking student who would love to do his thesis on making AIs for Dota 2 bots. I understand it's probably not going to happen soon enough for that but it would still be a good paper to write at some point.

  4. #24
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzihm View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I don't want this suggestion to be forgotten!

    I'm a M.S. seeking student who would love to do his thesis on making AIs for Dota 2 bots. I understand it's probably not going to happen soon enough for that but it would still be a good paper to write at some point.
    You could possibly contact Valve personally in order to arrange something. There will not be a public bot API out in time, but perhaps it's possible to arrange something internally, be their guinea pig for it or something.
    Good luck on it anyhow, I may very well be in a similar position in 2 years from now.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Still waiting

    This would be great.

    Is there someone from valve who makes some progress in this direction ?

    I would definitely like to challenge mine AI knowledge with others (AI + human..)

    If any progress thx

    Michal.

  6. #26
    Basic Member squinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bronson, Missouri
    Posts
    664
    Well... There isn't an official API out, but you can always check out M28's Dota 2 Bot API.

    I've messed around with it when he initially released the API, but not until recently did I start working on an Ursa bot that jungles from level 1. It'll probably be awhile before I have it in any sort of combat shape as sometimes he suicides.

    I hope once official dedicated servers are released that a bot API is made available, because atm it requires some files to be modified in the unofficial standalone dedicated server, and I don't think these bots work if you use the dota_bot_populate command.
    This ain't ova.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by squinte View Post
    Well... There isn't an official API out, but you can always check out M28's Dota 2 Bot API.
    nice, but.. is there any challenge with other people or is it only for me ? also dont know lua (although i see the code and its all natural (nice function name "Think"))

    was there any progress from valve to make this official ?

  8. #28
    Basic Member squinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bronson, Missouri
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by VISO View Post
    nice, but.. is there any challenge with other people or is it only for me ? also dont know lua (although i see the code and its all natural (nice function name "Think"))

    was there any progress from valve to make this official ?
    I don't think there is any support for my bots versus your bots. I haven't thought about it as I'm more doing it as a person interest in AI. Also, my first time using lua, but I think if you understand OOP it shouldn't be too difficult to get the hang of and figure out what's going on.

    It would be cool if someone made a d2ware plugin that pitted two player's bots versus each other. I think one thing that would be needed to be added to the API is recognition of teammate and enemy items, for adjustments in item build.

    I haven't heard of anyone from valve acknowledging this at all though, so I don't think they would push this to an official API. Not sure if it is complete, even.
    This ain't ova.

  9. #29
    Basic Member DarkLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Patch Anticipation Station
    Posts
    3,919
    ChrisC hasn't been online in three weeks and hasn't posted in four. It looks like Valve have abandoned the bots.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules


  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    ChrisC hasn't been online in three weeks and hasn't posted in four. It looks like Valve have abandoned the bots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •