Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [AI Suggestion] Create a open API for dota AI players

Basic Member
    I don't understand the PBMN hype in this thread. DotA 1 AI is tougher because of their enormous cheating: They get twice the gold tick, bonus gold at start, ms bonus when low, double XP, double mana reg. Of course they are better than Valves bots with these cheats. The only thing that they are really superior in is their pushing behavior. And I liked the part that you could actually tell your allied bots what to do.

Basic Member
    Type -neng when the game start.
    ne:normal experience
    ng:normal gold

PBMN bot is quite good, both team comes with equal skills, and there's nothing like imba viper. Valve should hire PBMN soon because AI player are getting bored.

btw +1 for suggestion

Basic Member
    + one from me. I used to play this game called Robocode.

Essentially everyone could create their own tank in a language they prefered. The game worked with ticks. One tick would basically mean you had like 100 ms (or whatever) time of code to run. If your code did to much complex stuff it would be forcibly exited.

Anyway I'd love to see something like this in dota. You could even make competitions where people's bots would go vs on other bots... How awesome would this be?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mindstorm View Post
    You could even make competitions where people's bots would go vs on other bots... How awesome would this be?
    a lot, still hoping that they will do it.. also creating bots with no competitions is not a great goal.