View Poll Results: Console commands,scripts and macros.. Is this cheating ?

Voters
943. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - valve needs to address these things.

597 63.31%
  • No - (for whatever reason)

346 36.69%
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: IMHO, this is cheating and needs to be addressed..... What do you think ???

Basic Member
    reminds me the earlier counter strike u can get much easier headshot by using console config

Quote Originally Posted by HolyPepsi View Post
    reminds me the earlier counter strike u can get much easier headshot by using console config
    Wow really, I just don't understand this type of stuff.

There was exactly same issue in TF2, Valve took no action in the end, so it was up to local server admins to allow 'scripts' or not. Of course, this can't work like that here since servers are not 'local'...

Anyway, as mentioned above, what I think would be best is Valve keeping eye on the most serious of those 'scripts', and actually adding them in game officially. Since it's nearly impossible to ban them(because they always improve and it's VERY hard to notice them as experience shows), they should do the opposite to put all players in equal situation.

Basic Member
    i agree with OP

im surprise how so few people feel that macros for invoker are a 100 percent no-no
    do u guys know how game breaking it is?
    its like press 1 hotkey and 3 skills will come out at practically the same time

if this is really intended to be legal then its obviously game breaking since invoker would obviously be much stronger than intended

also i find the argument that "everybody has access to console thus its not cheating"
    thats just stupid

for example the usefulness of heroes like sf was always intended to scale with the skill level of the user, if the razes aoe impact are always shown then its obviously imbalance, because sf became a hero that doesnt take skill
    this means sf has an unintended advantage over all other heroes

means it is true everyone has access to console, but can everyone abuse it at the same time in the same game? answer is no, unless all 10 heroes are sf in that match

this issue should actually be on very high priority with TI2 coming up, i would face palm if i see any of the 'pros' using the console in TI2
    Last edited by squirtle; 08-09-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Imo all ppl who want this "features" aren't able to control their heros proper ....
    I dont see any reason to make the game more easy with those tools.
    If u wanna manage a hero like Invo or SF then u have to train with him.
    Its fine to use it in BOT games to learn about ranges etc but in normal matchmaking game there it shouldnd be.
    There are alrdy casual gamer clones of Dota and we rly dont need that Dota2 will become one of them.

I guess some of u guys would also vote for a hookbot and Razebot
    so u just have to rightclick on lane and watch ur hero doing his job for u.
    That's no fun at all.

So l2p or leave this game if u cant handle, but dont destroy a recent game with stupid reduces of skilllevel
    playing dota since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by squirtle View Post
    i agree with OP

im surprise how so few people feel that macros for invoker are a 100 percent no-no
    do u guys know how game breaking it is?
    its like press 1 hotkey and 3 skills will come out at practically the same time

if this is really intended to be legal then its obviously game breaking since invoker would obviously be much stronger than intended

also i find the argument that "everybody has access to console thus its not cheating"
    thats just stupid

for example the usefulness of heroes like sf was always intended to scale with the skill level of the user, if the razes aoe impact are always shown then its obviously imbalance, because sf became a hero that doesnt take skill
    this means sf has an unintended advantage over all other heroes

means it is true everyone has access to console, but can everyone abuse it at the same time in the same game? answer is no, unless all 10 heroes are sf in that match

this issue should actually be on very high priority with TI2 coming up, i would face palm if i see any of the 'pros' using the console in TI2
    You said it better then I could of, lol.

Basic Member
    as a dedicated legacy key user i consider every form of customization (even custom hotkeys) as (a weak form of) cheating.

+1
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

BTW, we might as well start the discussion about 'is there any possible way for Valve to detect and prevent those scripts' since pretty much everyone agrees that that stuff is 'unfair' :P
    Canceling all 'console commands' may be one of solutions. Is it a good idea to disable it for actual games?

force a standart config with less possibilties to change everything
    playing dota since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    as a dedicated legacy key user i consider every form of customization (even custom hotkeys) as (a weak form of) cheating.

+1
    Woot ^^^^