Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is swap hero disabled in Single Draft?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panter_d17 View Post
    In sd you have your own pool of 3 heroes and adding swap to that increases your pool to 15 which no longer makes it sd but more rd, so they should not ad swap in sd as far as I'm concerned.
    Maybe for one person, it'll increase up to 15. You have to bear in mind you can only pick 1 hero out of a potential 3 heroes, therefore, picking one hero limits out the next two heroes for the rest of the team, hence why SD was originally implemented (eg. player 1 has 3 good heroes and everyone else has all "trash" heroes, still limits 1 hero per pool and results in 1 good hero and 4 terrible and no possibility of 3 good heroes from player 1 and 2 trash heroes from the rest).

This is not like RD at all; if you have a perspective of the whole team, then you will see that 3 * 3 * 3 * 3 * 3 = 243 team combinations while RD has a 20! / 10! = some huge giant monstrous number while in a perspective on a single player, SD has 15 possible choices (for one player, and each succeeding player has 3 less) while RD has anywhere from 20 - 10 hero choices.

If the direction of SD wants to be the same as DotA 1 - then swaps still should be viable to having the ability to assemble the best team possible given the limitations of one hero select per block of 3 heroes. It's still unique compared to all the other modes even if swap is implemented. Maybe the devs ran into coding errors or something - who knows.

Available hero pool per pick
    rd - sd - sd/swap

22 - 3 - 15
    19 - 3 -12
    18 - 3 - 9
    15 - 3 - 6
    14 - 3 - 3

So it does make it more like rd, Didn't say exactly like rd

I have no idea what you meant with that good/trash hero thing.

Adding swap doesn't improve chances of better team lineup.

Essence of sd is low hero pool and if you cant find hero for yourself in those 3 you shouldn't be playing it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    This is not like RD at all; if you have a perspective of the whole team, then you will see that 3 * 3 * 3 * 3 * 3 = 243 team combinations while RD has a 20!blahblahblah
    SD forces you to play 1 of 3 heroes, you want that to be 1 of 15.
    RD forces you to play 1 of 20 heroes.

The only time that this would change anything is if one team was much more co-ordinated than the opposing team. Making solo-que SD unplayable since every stacked team of 5 players is picking from a RD-like pool of 15, while you and 4 randoms are picking from 5 pools of 3.

If both teams are 5ppl queing together then its just an RD game. Plz dont change this valve

Basic Member
    Without the quantification lets look at the qualities of swap SD and no-swap SD. Swap SD is more similar to RD because of the larger player pool available to the team. No-swap SD is more similar to AR mode. It's actually IMO a more friendly version AR mode because it allows some coordination and you have 3 hero choices so for an average player you should at least be familiar with 1.

Personally I favor the no-swap SD. We already have AP and RD for a wealth of hero choices. Lets keep SD closer to AR.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Padli View Post
    ^this...
    Sometimes you won't like your draft selection and yes you'll maybe wanna swap with another hero(your favorite or whatever), but if you can't play with all the heroes in dota... Why are you guys playing a Single Draft game? Go back to the All Pick -.-'

But i'm in favor that they implement swap in SD...
    I play SD so I don't have to deal with Lycan and Naga every game. Not to say i'm not decent with th evast majority of heroes, but I don't feel like playing Pugna, Alchemist, or Phlancer.

If you can't play EVERY hero do not play SD, that said they may be waiting improve the hero picker to make swap easier to use in SD since it is used so much in SD.

Basic Member
    I have wondered this myself, why is Hero Swap disabled in Single Draft out of all other game modes? Makes no sense.

I've had no problems with swap in -sd, do you forget that it can't be skilled before lvl 6?

Basic Member
    Why has this issue not been addressed yet?

Basic Member
    SD with swap wound be better by simple randomizing a pool of 15 heroes for each team? Less hassle to choose a hero, and still a very small pool to choose.