Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is swap hero disabled in Single Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by xXQuatchiXx View Post
    Why has this issue not been addressed yet?
    Don't fix what isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by balard View Post
    SD with swap wound be better by simple randomizing a pool of 15 heroes for each team? Less hassle to choose a hero, and still a very small pool to choose.
    This is the reason why it should not be implemented!

Basic Member
    i think sd should be scrapped altogether. a heroes primary attribute isn't correlated with their role / playstyle, which is what sd was trying to achieve. whether or not swap is added doesnt matter to me since i wont be playing sd, however, the swap ui, especially for sd, is really poor. you can't see your teammates selections, and you need to open the scoreboard to swap, then right click. it's too many actions. i think the sd UI needs to be revamped completely. hon did a lot of things wrong, but the UI for sd was really good.

Basic Member
    Swap in SD - make it happen please! SD is not a fun mode to play with friends if you don't have swap.

Basic Member
    i think they ignore this wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by dibbaN View Post
    Swap in SD - make it happen please! SD is not a fun mode to play with friends if you don't have swap.
    And that's the reason they don't have swap in SD! Gogo limit SD to solo quoue!

Basic Member
    I can understand why swap would be disabled in single draft, but if it is there should be a team draft gamemode.

Really sont know. Dota 1 had swap... Just implement it valve

Quote Originally Posted by Panter_d17 View Post
    Its not the same as rd. In rd you have one poll for your team and you can make decisions having swap in mind. In sd you have your own pool of 3 heroes and adding swap to that increases your pool to 15 which no longer makes it sd but more rd, so they should not ad swap in sd as far as I'm concerned.
    +1, they obviously are intending to make SD different than it was in WC3 Dota.
    ◕_◕

It's fine as is. Single Draft would be frustrating for solo queue players if they face a premade group of players out to pubstomp, who all swap for their best heroes. What this does is actually edge those groups into playing Captain's Mode which is a great move, imo. Though I do suggest there should be some kind of limiter which prevents you from getting three of the same role of hero (especially Carry/Support).

Basic Member
    No official reply. I would like to know why Valve didn't implement swap in SD, will they implement it?