Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Subscriptions

Basic Member

Team Subscriptions

So I have been thinking about pro teams and supporting the teams with some kind of stable salary option and came up with the team subscription model.

When team public matchmaking gets introduced to the game, top teams would be able to offer subscriptions where a person could subscribe for say $6 and Valve would take a dollar and the other 5 would go towards the players and subscribers would be able to watch any replays/live games that the team plays and that the individual players play(so say fear is playing public matchmaking you would be able to watch him) and the players could of course use the dota voice system that they use for tournaments. Custom games wouldn't be recorded and the team could turn them off for if they are bootcamping. I think this would be a good way to increase revenue for teams between tournaments without valve having to go hand every1 a bunch of cash out of their own pockets.

+1

Basic Member
    +1
    I think there are a lot of legal constraints with this idea, as transfer of money across countries and into different currencies is never simple. But if Valve can pay designers for the workshop, I guess this could be implemented too.

okay +1

+1 Valve might find a way to do this, coz we like stalking our favorite pro teams..

Basic Member
    The idea is good. But then, I fear that players and team might stop streaming if they feel they can earn more money trough the ingame subscriptions. I believe that can be prevented by finding a balanced subscription cost. So far 5$ sounds alot, but I doubt your numbers were set and more as an example.

Basic Member
    Really good base concept - Need some adjustments before the idea is superb though!

Basic Member
    +1
    Good idea, maybe even allow the subscribers to watch tournaments with that team but only the games that the team you are subscribing to are involved in.

Basic Member
    has been posted before. Pls use the search

Basic Member
    sry about that i searched too generally it seems, i will be more careful in the future