Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: (Discussion) New orb effect thread

Basic Member
    After the recent patch mkb no loger hits the towers.

I say a huge NO to this thread.
    If the original post included how things were on DotA on a seperate column, I would make my NOes more specific.

But I think the whole original post only includes the discrepancies anyway... So I just say NO to all.

This is a reference list, not a bug or parity list.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Wow, I had no idea Bash was different in D2...
    "Multiple bashes add the damage bonus together, regardless of melee or range.
    Bashes add to your damage, and thus you can lifesteal from them."

Basic Member
    when having MoM and satanic on the same hero, in order to have the 25% lifeleech from satanic I have to drop both and pick up satanic first, right?

and using the active abilities of both items doesnt change this (aside from the short duration of 175% lifeleech gain ofc), right?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    when having MoM and satanic on the same hero, in order to have the 25% lifeleech from satanic I have to drop both and pick up satanic first, right?

and using the active abilities of both items doesnt change this (aside from the short duration of 175% lifeleech gain ofc), right?
    Yes you need to pick up Satanic first to keep the lifesteal.

I can't be certain on the active, but I believe the last time I tested it, Satanic's active simply change the lifesteal value on it to 175% instead of the normal 25%

Which means if you don't have satanic as your active orb already, activating satanic will not do anything except waste the cooldown.

Again though, I haven't test it recently (and it's almost 2 weeks to go before I can play dota2 again)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    The OP should be updated to reflect the fact that sniper's headshot can proc on magic immune units now.

Basic Member
    already mentioned, but cant we get lifesteal orb (also actually also desolator) overriding heros innate orb abilities when such an items gets bought? I like that the new changes in dota 2 offer so much more freedom to the player in getting different orbs to work compated to allstars. but in case of lifeleech thats rather a little regression. I sometimes just like to get in on heros with innate orbs, no matter whether its actual more effective or not. its fun at least. I also dont see why this should be a big problem, if you dont want to have your innate orbs being overriden by lifesteal simply dont buy any lifesteal orb item. I dont see why this possibility isnt offered to us in the game.
    Last edited by Thunderbolt; 04-16-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Basic Member
    Note to self when it comes:

Slardar
    - Bash damage type from magical to physical
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post

Crit:
    When multiple critical occurs, the highest multiplier take priority, end of story. (Yes, it's that simple, hooray)
    Monkey King Bar's Truestrike is no longer a critical in DotA2, feel free to never again discuss whether it 'stack with X'

By request of shalafi, some bonus damage's interaction with crits (Lifesteal will heal you for the final damage):
    Source Can Cleave Can Crit Can Lifesteal
    Kunkka - Tidebringer Yes Yes Yes
    Bounty Hunter - Shadow Walk No No No
    Shadowblade - Windwalk Yes No Yes
    Viper - Nethertoxin - Yes Yes
    Naix - Feast No No Yes
    Diffusal Blade No No No
    Antimage - Mana Break No No Yes
    Riki - Backstab No No Yes
    Ursa - Fury Swipe No No Yes
    Chaos Knight - Reality Rift Yes Yes Yes
    NOTE: The orb that says Yes on Lifesteal require you to have some way of gaining the lifesteal that's not an orb (Vlad aura, Skeleton King)
    your post is confusing yo. "the orb that says Yes on Lifesteal require you to have some way of gaining the lifesteal that's not an orb (vlad aura, skeleton king).

first of all, vladmir and skeleton king aura should work on all melee unit regarding any orb/UAM. This includes diffusals, which totally works with vladmir/vampiric aura which you state as NO